eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hidden products available for preview
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Hidden products available for preview Reply with quote

Products that have been hidden can now be seen in the stores but the buy now button is not active. This is convenient for the buyers because it will give them access to the products they bought (in case they need to see the listing again after it was made hidden)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take a look at this topic: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=12189
The seller had two of her hidden items puchased while they were hidden.

Where exactly are they visible? I don't see my hidden listings at my store or at eCrater's home. Or is this only valid for items that were purchased?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: on hold products Reply with quote

I think it is on products that have been sold.

Last edited by lastade-designs on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I will still have to go back and delete them at some time, correct?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: on hold products Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
I think it is on products that have been sold. Here is one of mine. The "buy now" button shows "on hold." http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2701301

It's weird, I couldn't find this item in your actual store with a search (I searched "attic indian", no quotes). I had to plug the item number into another items URL to get it to show.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden products available for preview Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
Products that have been hidden can now be seen in the stores but the buy now button is not active. This is convenient for the buyers because it will give them access to the products they bought (in case they need to see the listing again after it was made hidden)

I assume this is only if you've got Inventory Control enabled? I don't but if there was a way for any newly hidden item to display for two weeks without the Buy Now button that'd be great. Ideally this would be an automatic default which could be turned off per item (for example, if an item sold through a different venue).

Also, as it is, does this mean that sold items remain on display indefinitely or is it set to two weeks and then they'll disappear?
AustintatiousOfferings

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Does This mean for products I've uploaded and haven't finished descriptions, too?
acread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustintatiousOfferings wrote:
Quote:

Does This mean for products I've uploaded and haven't finished descriptions, too?

Probably not. Just click on "Preview" and see.
AngelinasCraftsAndHome

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know a lot about this stuff, so be patient if I sound clueless!
I don't know if it is the same issue, but I have had problems on another site with people buying an item directly from a googlebase link. The item appeared as "out of stock" in my store, but the customer was able to buy it anyway. I now manually delete sold items from googlebase for that store, just to be safe. I don't think we can do that here due to the bulk upload.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngelinasCraftsAndHome wrote:
I don't know a lot about this stuff, so be patient if I sound clueless!
I don't know if it is the same issue, but I have had problems on another site with people buying an item directly from a googlebase link. The item appeared as "out of stock" in my store, but the customer was able to buy it anyway. I now manually delete sold items from googlebase for that store, just to be safe. I don't think we can do that here due to the bulk upload.

This is not the same thing.

The "buy now" button talked about being disabled after "Hide" is in the product page itself. And the only way the item can be added to the cart to put in the order.

I don't know what the issue at that site you are talking about was. But here if the item is not available (sold or hidden. up till the time the Google Product Search database get updated to remove it (about 3 days afterwards)), if you click on the product at Google Product Search results it displays a page saying "no such product". I'm not sure what you would see now, but even if you can see the product page, there is no way to buy it (or there shouldn't be).

Last edited by acread on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night a customer e-mailed me to ask about an item he says shows up but is "on hold". That item was sold some time ago and was manually hidden then.

When I looked this morning the item isn't showing up for me in my store or on the main stie.

I still don't understand how this new feature works or whether or not it will benefit me.
noadi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I looked around and this is what I've figured out. Hidden items are not visible on your store page in the item list. However a direct link to that item does work it just says it's on hold.

Now if I might make a suggestion what would be useful along with this would be if the confirmation email sent to the buyer contained a link to the product they just ordered so they can go back and view the item from that email.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noadi wrote:
Now if I might make a suggestion what would be useful along with this would be if the confirmation email sent to the buyer contained a link to the product they just ordered so they can go back and view the item from that email.

Yes, that would be the ideal solution. The sold item would never be visible to anyone but the customer(s) who bought it. If necessary that link could only be good for a limited amount of time (a month?).
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noadi wrote:
Okay I looked around and this is what I've figured out. Hidden items are not visible on your store page in the item list. However a direct link to that item does work it just says it's on hold.

I second that - because otherwise the buyer has no link to it anyways so then there is no purpose to this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: