eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

stealing images

View previous topic :: View next topic  
devonryandesigns

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: stealing images Reply with quote

Why will people not create their own image. It is wrong to steal someones work and then "photoshop" it to make it your own. None of us are large corporations and we all work hard for our money. Remember to be kind, because everything that comes around goes around,,, BKM Gifts
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wahm922

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people just don't know any better, it just to easy to google an image and take it.

I belong to several "pay" sites for stock photos that I get my store images from as well as other images I use in design work Wink
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devonryandesigns did some one steal one of your two pictures you have up?

If they bought the item or made the item them self don't see why they didn't take their own photo. They have it right their its not that hard to take pictures. Hmmm!!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone stole one of your pictures -- and you're sure -- use the Contact form at www.ecrater.com to let them know about it.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet - that won't do any good UNLESS the theft is using them here.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
poopsheet - that won't do any good UNLESS the theft is using them here.

True. Guess I'm assuming that's what devonryan is talking about.
bestbuy3d

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devonryandesigns did someone steal a image from your site?

-Turner

http://BestBuy-3D.com
devonryandesigns

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

I found ecrater from my stolen photo from my main website. Ecrater did react quickly and the site was pulled after the "owner" just tried to photoshop a new background and call it her own.. but it is just a pet peeve.

I have to send an hour or so every month on ebay just checking for my images and this has gone on for over 5 years... I make crafts and such so not a big deal to make the same product, but take your own picture..
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: stealing images Reply with quote

When selling figurines on eBay I had requests asking permission to use my All Gods Children photos. I appreciated them asking and always said, "Yes." Smile

joyce
hannahbananastore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: stealing images Reply with quote

devonryandesigns wrote:
Why will people not create their own image. It is wrong to steal someones work and then "photoshop" it to make it your own. None of us are large corporations and we all work hard for our money. Remember to be kind, because everything that comes around goes around,,, BKM Gifts

Boy do I know what you mean. I could tell you story after story of my photos being stolen on Ebay at the beginning. Before I learned how to watermark them. They wouldn't even bother to photoshop them. Even worse, my husband use to write up all my listings for me, because he is very creative and unique. I would get compliments on the way the listings were written up all the time. I was poking around a catagory I was listing in and happened to click on a competitors auction who was selling the same item I was. They were smart enough to create their own photo, but copied my husbands write up on it WORD FOR WORD. Including the typo that was in it. I was fumming to say the least. My husband would spend days some times to come up with clever write ups for me and to see someone else pon it off as their own just took the cake. I now use basic information given from my supplies for all my listings, and use my suppliers photos when possible and WATER MARK all my original photos.
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are if they want them that badly let them have it, I'm not wasting my valuable time looking for people stealing my work. What comes around goes around, karma will bite them in the a$$ someday!
milross

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I' m not going to worry about someone "stealing" photos, when I could spend that valuable time selling more of my stock.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll "worry" about it when it happens within a venue with larger management than myself, i.e. eCrater or eBay. eBay will kill the listings and I suspect eCrater will do the same (if not more).

I'm not interested in someone else making money off of my own efforts.
biggkidtoyz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use IrfanView, it is very simple to add your name to any image. I add my name on a part of the image that would make the image worth anything. It is small type that can be seen but not take away anything from the image. Very simple to do since I am using IrfanView to reduce the size of my images before I post them.

Or my Auction Lister site that I use has a Watermark option when you upload the images to their site. A watermark will be added when you upload the image so there is no extra work there.

As far as stealing the type, I used to do this in the past but not anymore. Most people when stealing the type, do not look at what shows up when they paste it to their page. They just assume it is what is seen.

I used to type something like "(br)This type was stolen from biggkidtoyz using the cut and paste technique. This seller is too lazy to type a description themselves or just plain stupid. Please come check out my item where the service is better and the you are buying from someone that does not steal. Trust is everything, do not trust anyone that steals(br)"

My background was always white, so in between paragraphs I would type the above written in white at a size 1 so it did not take up much space.

That way when they highlighted the whole text to cut & paste, this part would be inserted into their text at whatever color they used and would appear at whatever size type they used. The (br) of course would be proper HTML and would make the space between paragraphs.

I saw a few people steal my text and when I was reading their auctions, I was laughing quite hard and I actually received a couple of bids on my items because of the text.

I don't worry about the text part anymore, just my images that I spent time on.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: