eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any way to make a backup of your store?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vitalfinds

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Any way to make a backup of your store? Reply with quote

I'm new here and just starting to build a store. When I was on ebay, I used Marketworks as my database, so I always felt as though I had a backup, but here I wouldn't have that. Is there any way to make a back up and/or download a CVS or equiv file? Thanks.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick answer is NOPE

At least that's the easy answer, lol.

YOU can - if you want to go through all the work of view source on each page of your store and save that. But I doubt you would want to do all that.

I assume that eCrater.com has back ups in place should something happen to the server or whatever.

What exactly is it you are antig to back up ... and why?? Just curious.

I personally save all my pics and description on my pc and then copy and paste them into eCrater.com ... so in a sense I have a back up.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
vitalfinds

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

What exactly is it you are antig to back up ... and why?? Just curious.

Well I'd really love to be able to have everything in an excel spreadsheet. I know that I've read that if you have over 100 products then you can do a bulk load. I guess I also assumed (maybe incorrectly), that if you were to ever want to make any major changes, that you'd be able to make them in the spreadsheet and bulk upload again, saving the time of doing it one listing at a time. So I thought that since there was a way to upload a spreadsheet, there might be a reverse way to download one, and then be able to work in it at that point (assuming that you can bulk upload changes.) I hope that made sense.

Making changes one-by-one is always incredibly time-consuming, so I was hoping to be able to set this up a little better from the start.
Maybe then what I should do instead, is rather than trying to build the store product by product, maybe I should create the spreadsheet first.
vitalfinds

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... oops, duplicate post.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bulk lister is only a lister --- you can not use it to make changes to items already listed.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way for the seller to back up his/her store. The whole eCRATER marketplace (incl all stores) is being backed up on a daily basis to another machine.

Regarding the second question:

At this point the bulk lister can be used only for initial upload. Editing through a bulk file is not possible.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: