eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does eCrater offer sale price options?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AChildsWorldofFabrics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Does eCrater offer sale price options? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if eCrater allows the seller to offer a sale price on an item so it shows up as a sale, not just a lower price. I offer a sale line each week and would love for it to show up as a sale. If it's possible, how do I use it?

I marked some of my sale priced items down by editing the price but when the sale went off, a new customer asked me why I increased my prices.

I'd appreciate any help.

AChildsWorldofFabrics
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to mark stuff at eCrater as "on sale".

You can offer coupons with Google Checkout and announce on your site what it is and how long it is valid etc.

You don't need to dispute your prices with customers. Just let them know the prices were part of a sale and the time has changed. If the customer bought from low price you cannot charge additional amount.

You can use the topic you started at "Promote Your eCrater Store" section to announce your sale. Make sure it is also available on several pages of your store (maybe about page, FAQ, product pages, etc)
candybarwrappers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also have a separate category .... "on sale" or "clearance"

Then when you end the sale... you change the price AND put it back in your regular category. Same with putting things ON sale... change price & category at the same time.
greywolf18

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran a sale this past month in my mom's store (madeforyou.ecrater.com). In the listing itself, I put sale specific text, put a "price was x.xx, now x.xx" and listed when the sale ends. All of the sale items were moved to a SALE category, and now that July is over, I have to go through, edit them all back to original text and move them back their respective categories - but it works. Smile Just a thought!
moonbeamgifts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Google Coupons Reply with quote

Hi... Google Checkout offers an option to add coupons. It's under Tool section. Unfortunately the coupon would only work when someone uses Google checkout. I haven't used it myself but it seems pretty easy to use. Good luck. You have a very nice store.
Tabby
AChildsWorldofFabrics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Thanks for All The Great Ideas Reply with quote

Thanks for offering all the suggestions for putting my items on sale.

I think I'm going to try the coupon route first. PayPal also has a coupon option so hopefully I can get the checkouts in sync.

I'll try the category/price change idea if the coupons don't work. Once I get everything listed to eCrater, I think I'll have too many items to manually change details without messing something up on at least one of the items.

As a side note, I'm enjoying the ease of using eCrater. I can't believe how much extra work the other marketplace required just to get an item listed.

Hope everyone has a great day!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for All The Great Ideas Reply with quote

AChildsWorldofFabrics wrote:
PayPal also has a coupon option so hopefully I can get the checkouts in sync.

I'm not sure that they actually do but if they do please post a link! Lots of sellers would definitely be interested in a feature like that at PayPal (I know I would).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: