eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Quantity available does not show on listing!?!?!?!?!?!?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zannsvintage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Quantity available does not show on listing!?!?!?!?!?!? Reply with quote

I just realized that my store listings do not say anywhere, what quantity of items are for sale in that listing! I never realized this and I am dismayed!

I had a buyer ask how many are available of an item I only listed one of and was about to blame them for not reading the listing, I fill in "quantity" on the listing form and it never occured to me that quantity available would not be indicated in any way on the store listing!

(I sell mostly vintage items, so I only have a few listings with more than one available, mostly dinnerware pieces, that buyers may well be LOOKING for more than one. I guess I should have noticed this before, but I didn't.)

How are buyers supposed to know that I have more than one of these items and only one of others?

I think this is a big problem for ecrater since (this happened to me,see my thread from a couple days ago on the Help board) it is also possible to keep pressing "buy now" over and over, when only one item is for sale.

Crying or Very sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you say in your listing that you have more available and to contact you for present availability?
If I'm selling something unique, I think it's to my advantage to have it appear that there is only one...they are more likely to buy it out of concern that it won't be there later!
wldpapmny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed admin a few Days ago... saying it is mind-boggling to me that the QTY available does NOT show.... absurd, as it is now.
Quantity should always show.. and it is a big no-no that it currently does not.
This is not encouraging to me and makes me feel that only 10% of my offerings will show here.. no matter how one might try and defend the current policy-set up, it is not correct.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to look more closely, but right now it looks as though you are listing duplicates of bills. You might want to take care of that before your store is flagged. That's not the way to get around the quantity problem.
wldpapmny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never.. I obey rules.. if you do not know my subject.. have a real good look.
Thanks.
wldpapmny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not the QTY of this subject.
The QTY should be in a drop down box so looker-buyer can make a selection.
If offering is only of 1 item, then it does not matter. Please do not comment like that.. it puts a cloud into my thinking. And I am insulted !
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I don't understand and if so, I sincerely apologize. But please tell me what the difference is between these two listings, because they sure look identical to me, same photo, same price, same description. Those appear to be duplicate listings.

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2864231
1992.15.3 Zaire P-43a 500,000 Zaires
pfx L, sfx E, Mobutu, leopard, / Hydroelectric dam, G&D

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2864227
1992.15.3 Zaire P-43a 500,000 Zaires
pfx L, sfx M, Mobutu, leopard, / Hydroelectric dam, G&D

OK-I see the slight difference now-E and M, right? Please explain to me what that is, so that I know for future reference.
wldpapmny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfx = prefix, which is the number/s and/or letters or symbols before the notes serial number.
sfx = suffix, which is the number/s and/or letters or symbols after the serial number.
Every piece of Paper Money containing a s/n = serial number is unique in its own way. Every piece of Paper Money is different.. be it by its serial number, prefix, suffix, grade, date etc.
Been at this for 35 Years.. me knows what I am saying.
Thank you. Will be here to help, if required.
There are many sophisticated and knowledgable paper money collectors worldwide.
You may find more Helpful info in below link.
http://wldpapmny.ecrater.com/about.php
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK-let me be sure. The difference between these is their serial number?
acread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wldpapmny wrote:
I emailed admin a few Days ago... saying it is mind-boggling to me that the QTY available does NOT show.... absurd, as it is now.
Quantity should always show.. and it is a big no-no that it currently does not.
This is not encouraging to me and makes me feel that only 10% of my offerings will show here.. no matter how one might try and defend the current policy-set up, it is not correct.

In the future please do not email eCrater regarding suggestions. Put them in the "Suggestions" section of the Community page. That is the reason it is created and eCrater regularly reads it. So your suggestion will be seen.

When the customer wants to buy more than one, they can change the quantity in the box provided for it at the checkout. If they want more they can always try that to see. That is what I do when I purchase things. I don't necessaily try to read someplace how many of them are available. I think that is an e Bay thing. I don't see that much at other sites. Anyway in your listings indicate you have more than one. And for exact info they can conact you to ask as Texas suggested.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still confused about the listings. The way I am reading it the only difference between one piece of currency listed and the other is the serial number..so can you have several pieces of currency with the same serial number, and you are wanting to list the quantity of bills you have with the same serial number?
At least in the US, I know you can't give the same serial number to more than one. So I am really confused about what it is that you have a quantity of more than one of.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The letters are considered part of the serial number.

So L555M and L555E are not the same thing. (It is that way for all currency that I know of. Not that I am an expert.) So actually the serial number is the way you identify individual pieces of paper (money).

If having different serial number makes a difference in the price of the item or its collectibility, then I guess it could be listed as separate. But the difference needs to be specified on the listing title clearly.
wldpapmny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind.... I do Not need to be told, this and that.
Kindergarten dismissed. If you do not know.. and your attitude is childish towards me.. picking my brain has ended.
Bad.. choice to come here. You folks have a lot to learn if you ever want to Have Knowledgeable sellers here. Doubting me after you look at my pages is absurd.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought. That brings up the question of numbered prints. If a seller has 400 numbered prints of the same piece of art, should they be able to list all 400 prints? Or numbered, mass produced Boyd's Bear ceramic figurines- All identical except for the number on the bottom. That applies to a lot of things, when I think about it.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wldpapmny wrote:
Never mind.... I do Not need to be told, this and that.
Kindergarten dismissed. If you do not know.. and your attitude is childish towards me.. picking my brain has ended.
Bad.. choice to come here. You folks have a lot to learn if you ever want to Have Knowledgeable sellers here. Doubting me after you look at my pages is absurd.

You are being defensive for no reason. We are simply trying to understand your system. I would think you would be glad to explain your hobby to people so that they understand what it is all about. That's a great way to promote interest in your product.
The thing is that we could just delete some of your items as duplicates, but we are making an effort to understand what you are doing and see if it conforms to terms of use. I think we are going the extra mile for you and yet you see it as insulting, and insult us in return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: