eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Giant Stocking for a Marine Platoon in Iraq

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Giant Stocking for a Marine Platoon in Iraq Reply with quote

Many of y'all know that a friend of mind sells military care packages. About half the time, the ones they sell are to folks who don't know anyone deployed - they just want a package sent to a soldier or marine who will enjoy it. They pick out a contact from anysoldier.com and send it on. They usually try to match up home towns, etc.

A while back, someone requested a Halloween goodie pack be sent to a Marine in Iraq.

They receved a letter from that Marine yesterday.
Quote:
Thank you so much for your awesome package! Your Halloween candy has motivated some of our Marines to make costumes! Nothing you would see on a normal Halloween, mostly sand bags and mortars running around. It should be quite interesting. Our unit appreciates all the support we get from wonderful people like you and we are very grateful.

Right now is considered winter in Iraq, which consists of lightning storms, sand storms and a lot of rains and of course, the heat. If you would like pictures, I have enclosed my email address at the bottom and I can send them to your email.

Once again, thank you so much for your package and for supporting our troops. God Bless.

But she'd like to do more.

She bought a GREAT BIG Christmas stocking - about 3 feet tall. Here it is . . . the before pic:

And she'd like to fill it with goodies for the men and women (there are abut 25 men and 25 women in this unit) there. That's where y'all come in.

She's selling shares in the stocking for $5 each. Every penny will be used for goodies for the stocking. She'd just really like to do something nice for this young man and his platoon - they'll be in Iraq until March-ish.

Interested? Click to buy a share - http://shop.ironchickstreasures.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=116453&c=61411&i=208259796

If you do buy a share, make sure you include a personal note if you'd like!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great idea - count me in!
texairsoft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought my share! Lets keep this thread fresh. Everyone reading this just think while you are at your house or in your office or wherever you may be, that these soldiers are in the desert serving our country. Care packages really brighten there long days they spend there. Remember that the holiday season is about spreading love and joy to others. God bless all and thanks for bringing this to light for everone to see.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I personally like is that it's ONLY $5 a share.
You don't have to do anything but a few clicks.

Not everyone can afford to send strangers a gift. This is prefect and an inexpensive way to give a little.
texairsoft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bigtallmensclothing, your friend Beth emailed me today to say thanks. She wanted to know how I found her and told her about this great person spreading the word here on Ecarter.

Anyhow she wanted to let me know this stocking will ship on Monday. So people please look inside yourself there is still time to do your part. It is only five dollars.

Here is the link again you do not even have to scroll back up Very Happy

http://shop.ironchickstreasures.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=116453&c=61411&i=208259796
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texairsoft -- You are so right. THis is such a great thing.

Beth sells alot of military packages - she has a store full of them! She knows what to send and what not to send.

Any one that can spare $5 - just think of the looks on all those Marines faces in Iraq when they receive this giant stocking from people all over the states! She'll even allow you to include a special note from you if you want.
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent mine in. Let's hope that the Iraqi Government can get their act together soon and start taking care of things so our people can start coming home... Tom Very Happy
texairsoft

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchgiftsandthings wrote:
Just sent mine in. Let's hope that the Iraqi Government can get their act together soon and start taking care of things so our people can start coming home... Tom Very Happy

Amen Tom! I have more than one family member there.
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a platoons addy, our family is sending stuff for there dogs. They wanted things for their dogs so we bought toys, brushes, treats and other stuff for the troops like toothbrushes, shampoo, snacks, and we are not done yet. I take the profits from ecrater and buy these goods
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peaksislandsilverco - that's great that you can do that. The nice thing about this Giant Stocking is that not everyone can afford to send something on their own. With people joining together the cost per person is much more affordable.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
iron_chick - the seller of these stocking posted today ---

I'll post pics later but the stocking is on it's WAY! We shipped off a big box of a books and a MONSTER SIZE, 20 odd pound stocking full of goodies including a bunch of DVDs and the singing Rudolph! My son was very involved in picking stuff and we are both convinced they are gonna love it!

I'll post pics later . . .

Due to the success of the stocking - She will be doing the same type of thing for Valentines Day. Hand Made valentines are welcome to be sent. I will post more about this after the holidays.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised - here's the pics

The Stocking was shipped long ago and is on its way to our unit in Iraq!

the books in a seperate package and had to make a monster size box for the stocking. It included lots of candy, including our favorite Christmas Cookie peeps, the traditional fruit cake, the not so traditional but very southern moon pies, DVDs, a Chocolate Moose, and Rudolph's head on a stick - he sings Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. Smile

Thank you to all who participated!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: