eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New seller trying to make a big splash. :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frontrunnerscollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: New seller trying to make a big splash. :) Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am very new to selling and just opened my sports collectibles and trading cards store a little over one month ago. Since then, I have kept myself busy putting a little of this and a little of that into my store.

I would love a critique of my store if anyone would be willing. I want to know what I could do to make my store better than it is. Any suggestions would be great. Please do not be afraid of being brutally honest.

thank you in advance,
Chris

http://frontrunnerscollectibles.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First let me say your store looks great! Nice pics and easy flowing text!

One thing I noticed reading your text, as a buyer I want to know who I am sending my hard earned money to. Your only contact is a free email giving me no way to track you down - in my opinion a mark of a scammer. Who you send money to someone that all you know about them is a free email address??

Many pieces have a spelling error -- comemorated is spelled commemorated

No where do you mention HOW it is being shipped or how fast I might expect to receive it within the USA.

I know it's your business not mine but how can you make any money on 5-$1 items? After all you still have PayPal fees and time invested.
frontrunnerscollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply. I have made all of your suggested changes already except for the pricing of my items. The three typos I had were all from yesterday. I even ran it through spellcheck and it didn't catch it.

As for the prices, this store is not my main source of income. Like I say in my "About Us" page, I am more concerned with having everyone get a good deal rather than getting rich off of my items. Each item is priced at their lowest retail value so that most anyone can afford what I have to offer.

I also know that I am selling a very specialized product to a very specific group of people. With such a limited clientel, I am much better off giving my customers a deal and maintaining those same custormers than to make a quick buck off of each and never have them return to my store again.

Thank you again and I am open to more comments and critiques.
namesaketreasures

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store looks great and you've already got it stocked really well!! Smile One thing I did notice right off the bat was that the description area of your items is sorely lacking in content. The first things that came to mind when looking at some of your items was size? condition? and anything else that might be important to know about the item itself especially when it comes to autographed items.

I know just from the handful of autographed items we've sold on Ebay, people aren't as trusting as they used to be about buying such a thing online. Since people can only see the autograph online, it's sometimes difficult to tell if it's real so if you have pictures showing something being signed, put them in there as well.

Also, you should put your terms of sale in each description. I know that the price is up top of the page as well as the shipping but it's good to have the shipping rate, where you ship to, methods of shipping accepted, etc in all your item descriptions as well.

Good luck! Smile

Tammy
frontrunnerscollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are good ideas. I just used basic descriptions for each item because I had so many to do. I still have thousands to go, but now is a good time to go back and fix a few things. I am starting with the sizes of items. It is the easiest to go back and add.

The autographs are going to be an issue. I have personally gotten each racing item signed, myself as well as most of the other autographs. The only problem is that I never intended to sell the autographs, so I do not have any pictures of people signing them. It has never been an issue for me on E-bay. I am hoping it will not be one here.

Thank you for the feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: