eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Wondering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadies

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Wondering Reply with quote

I have just started working on a store here not to long ago and was wondering if someone would be so kind and tell me if I am doing anything wrong that might get me suspended......Thanks so Much......My store is Sadies.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cdsgiftsandcrafts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried your store and it came right up.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store looks pretty good. You need to fill in your about page. Not a personal life story but a couple of sentences at least about your product line.

On your terms page, you state insurance is extra and you are not responsible etc. You are responsible. If the item does not show up or arrives in tatters, you are obliged to return the seller's money or send a preplacement.

There is no way a buyer can add insurance on to an invoice nor can you without emails back and forth. Not many buyers will go to that much trouble over a back issue magazine unless it is rare.

I wouldn't bother with it for a $3.99 magazine, especially when you are charging $4.99 shipping. Magazines are heavy and can't go media mail so if you add insurance of $1.70 on to the shipping you are pricing yourself out of the market. If you will have rare books and magazines offered then those items should be insured. Use a sturdy mailer and your regular magazines should arrive in fine condition.
PlainWrapperDVD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadie,

COD as a payment option can cause you problems and cost you money. Read the following thread for more info.

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3756

Good Luck

Plain Wrapper DVD - !!!Adults Only!!!

Last edited by PlainWrapperDVD on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sadies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COD?? I don't have COD mentioned in my store. Thanks for tips guys.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning! Under your Accepted Payment Methods I see "Cash on Delivery" which is COD. I looked at this item:

GLAMOUR MAGAZINE - JESSICA SIMPSON

PlainWrapperDVD is right, COD is most likely not a payment method that you would want to use.

Have a great day!

VintageMoonbeams
acread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadies wrote:
COD?? I don't have COD mentioned in my store. Thanks for tips guys.

COD is the last item in the "Payment Options". Just uncheck it and save that, otherwise it will stay as one of your payment methods.

Considering the service costs about $8 and you pay regardless the customer accepts it or not. And that you mail the item and don't get paid for weeks and months. You might want to remove it. If a customer can't pay upfront there is something funky about that.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you have not violated the terms of selling on ecrater.com then you don't have much to worry about.
Read the terms and check them on occassion as they do get updated without notice.
Sadies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip on COD....I had no idea....With the terms on Ecrater, I have read them and read them and read them but my only concern is the first part were it says....Body part and organs.....I have listed Glamour Magazines and Fitness Magazines and also Cosmopolitan Magazines were I basically took what they had on the Cover of the Magazines and in some cases words from the contents to make up my headings and was wondering if any of what I wrote is ok???....I looked and looked and feel it is ok but just not sure...Sorry to be a pain but Thanks for all who respond....Sadie
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are listing a heart, kidney, etc don't see how a Glamour Magazines and Fitness Magazines and also Cosmopolitan Magazines could possibly be mistaken for Body part and organs
Your store is looked at by a human before it's suspended.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: