eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Depressed about closing ebay store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teaseboutique

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Depressed about closing ebay store Reply with quote

I am here because I closed my ebay store because of the feehike and being stalked from their message board by rules fanatic that turned in a hitachi massager I had listed and all my lingerie even though none of it was outside of ebays mature audience rules ebay put me on one day restriction which ended all my items, they then said they made a mistake but I was going to have to relist every single item again, and I am really depressed. I cant even find it in my to fill my store here. Its almost hard to get excited about ecrater even though it looks like a GREAT place and I love the fact it has google checkout and I can just walk away from ebay and not give them my money unless I want to. However, sigh... I need a place to input html and pics so Ive got sizing charts, cute artwork I make for things like shipping info and so forth. Part of me being on ebay was that I am learning web design and like to be creative with my extra time. Ecrater seems to take all creativty out of the process. I emailed customer service about allowing us one html enabled page for things like size charts but it didnt seem like it would happen?

Maybe I am in the wrong place, I dont know. I do know that I have 0 money now so I cant go anywhere else.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always make your size chart and image and include it in your images.
Just put in your description area to see the images for the size chart.

The nice thing about ecrater.com is the clean no gimmicky ads.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
teaseboutique

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

my mother said she couldnt read the grey text well. I wonder how many people this is true for. its nice its clean but one page and the welcome area being customizable would look more like a real website for the sellers I feel.

Thanks for the suggestion about putting the chart in pic area but a master chart page is what most people look for when shopping a site.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always create a free blog page or cheap web page that leads to your e-Crater store. You can put all of your important charts, use HTML, etc there.
ABookAbout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ecrater! I understand your depression about leaving Ebay - if they would just stop making so many changes, I might have tried to keep a shop open.

Now you see it, now you don't (store search.) Going to close Half, not going to... I like stability in a site -- I could go on a rant -- I won't Very Happy

One thing I have noticed while reading these boards, ECrater doesn't seem to have problems with random glitches or crashing. That in itself is pretty nice.

Folks here are friendly, too -- Big & Tall has it going on, let me tell ya. Check out the store promotion thread. When you get toward the end, you'll find a treasure trove of places to promote your shop.

I think we'll be alright, here.
pegasussoaps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fee for you as I had to close up my store on Ebay Dec 15th. I was only paying the month fees which was more than my sales. Basically I was just there to pay them 32.00-35.00 a month in fees. I had to downsize my store, and then finally close. But have increase sales at my website and at another site and hopefully soon this one

From what I gather here, there are some really nice people here that can help and I wish you all my best in great sales soon

~M
Buytime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to see here, move along.....

Laughing

Last edited by Buytime on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since teaseboutique no longer has a store here
I see no more reason to welcome them.

Please consider this thread locked