eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hidden products available for preview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea.

I also learned that the visibility under hide feature is not just for the items that were sold. It applies to all items that are hidden. I just checked the link I posted on my promo thread to one of the items I hid. I can see the on-hold button. And the counter next to the item went up by one in "Products".

Last edited by acread on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ac is right. It applies to all hidden items not just the sold items. I took my store off hold and I checked google and searched for some of my avon products and the ones I hid are visible with the on hold button showing. I am not sure I like this feature so much. I agree with btm about it being available for the customer of a sold item so they could check the description or whatever they need to do once their item arrives in case there is a problem or they just want to refresh their memory of their purchase until it get there. But I just recently closed my b & m store and now I am in the process of sorting everything. It is all in boxes and avon boxes are buried behind clothing boxes ect... So I put all my stores on hold til I get the sorting done. But what I would really like to see is a way we can just hide whole categories at a time. That way when I find the box of lipsticks I could unhide those items making them available for sale. Or if I am working on a category - I would like to hide the whole thing til I get enough product listed to make it more professional looking then unhide it for the public.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

Hidden should mean entirely hidden from view. Except by the seller, of course.
krmantiques

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hidden products available for preview Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
Products that have been hidden can now be seen in the stores but the buy now button is not active. This is convenient for the buyers because it will give them access to the products they bought (in case they need to see the listing again after it was made hidden)

I have an item hidden and today someone tried to buy it. Now what?

KRM
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a product that I put in "hidden" status today. It had a quantity of 5 listed, and I tried to change that to zero. It says I have to have a quantity bigger than 0, so I had to leave it with a quantity of 1. I have an order - outside of the eCRATER order system - for all of this product, and wanted to wait until everything was completed with that transaction before I delete the item.

Is there danger that someone can still try to purchase this item? I am sure the link to the product is out there in my promotional groups, etc.

How can we make sure the product is not purchased even though it is in "hidden" status?

VintageMoonbeams
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I followed one of my links on the product that I have in "hide" status. It will go to the item, but it is "On Hold". I would think this would prevent anyone from purchasing the item, so this should not be an issue?

However, krmantiques mentioned in a post earlier that someone tried to purchase one of their "hidden" items, and I am wondering how they did that?

Also, I notice that the "hits" on the product page under my Admin. continue to add up for people looking at this item, even though it is hidden.

Have a great night!

VintageMoonbeams
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be a lot of answers regarding this new feature...
AustintatiousOfferings

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also had an order inquiry on an item that was sold and is on hold. The buyer actually provided a direct link to it, and wanted to know why she couldn't have it.

I think there are some definite bugs that need to be worked out. A buyer should print out the description if they want a 'refresher', but items that are hidden need to stay that way to everyone but the seller.

Talk about a customer service pain in the neck!
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see a possible advantage to this "hidden" feature, which is still accessible by direct links. I have a product on "hold" that is sold out (pending transaction completion), but I have a lot of ads out in group threads and other promotional places where the direct link to the item still appears. I am still getting lots of "hits" on this item.

If someone comes to the item through the direct link, they do get into your store. The item is "On Hold", but they can still get to the rest of your store, if they care to look. Is this a good thing, especially if you have similar items for sale? Just a thought?

When the item is deleted, I think the person searching by this link will get a message something like "no such item", which does look kind of bad? Maybe it is still to my advantage for them to get into the store, at least? What do you all think?

I went into the product description of this item and added a line at the top of the description - "This item is sold out. Please click on my store link above to see more of my store items. Thanks!"

Have a wonderful weekend!

VintageMoonbeams
creativepride

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Have had 2 of my Hidden items SOLD Reply with quote

Ahh I have 2 hidden items sold in the last 5 days, I DO have inventory control enabled. This is a bad glitch that reflects very poorly on me.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Have had 2 of my Hidden items SOLD Reply with quote

creativepride wrote:
Ahh I have 2 hidden items sold in the last 5 days, I DO have inventory control enabled. This is a bad glitch that reflects very poorly on me.

HOW?
Only the folks with a direct link to the hidden item can see the item.
YOU as the store owner have the option of deleting the item - then it won't ever be seen again.
It's not like someone can go to your store and see items on hold -- unless your store is on hold.
The hidden items only are seen if you have a direct link.

Personally, I don't understand why this feature ever came about
Since there are no links in the orders that are sent out very few buyers have the link in the first place.
So I never did get the point of doing it like this.
creativepride

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: re hidden items sold Reply with quote

I dont know how they are being seen. I can't seem to make the glitch appear but it did happen twice.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: re hidden items sold Reply with quote

creativepride wrote:
I dont know how they are being seen. I can't seem to make the glitch appear but it did happen twice.

What happened - that's what I don't understand
They can be seen - not purchased.
Are you upset because soemone seen the items?
then delete them and no one - not even yuo can see them
creativepride

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: re hidden items Reply with quote

Hidden items that were sold once and thus hidden were bought again. I thought I made a mistake the first time it happened maybe had 2 in the inventory box, but the second I know I did not as it was fabric and I never have more that one type.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: re hidden items Reply with quote

creativepride wrote:
Hidden items that were sold once and thus hidden were bought again. I thought I made a mistake the first time it happened maybe had 2 in the inventory box, but the second I know I did not as it was fabric and I never have more that one type.

Hidden items can not be purchased. THe buy it button does not even appear.

Are you sure you have inventory control enabled ??
OR are you manually hidding the items??

This is a hidden item
http://formaldresses.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1165341
The ON HOLD button will not allow it to be purchased.

I think you have a different issue then the hidden items -
sounds more like it's the time issue between Google Checkout authorizing the charge and notifing ecrater.com -- that can be at least 15 minutes if set to automatically charge to how ever long if you manually charge.
see - http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4895
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: