eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feedback - how to leave?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Feedback - how to leave? Reply with quote

Hi Could somebody please provide consise and accurate information about HOW my buyers could leave feedback for items they purchased from me? One paid with google and one with PayPal. Both payments were made instantaneously.

Both buyers insist they want to leave feedback.

Both buyers state they have no clue how to...

Please spare me the canned responses and debates about why feedback is important / unimportant. This is not about me, this is about my buyers. I'd like to to accomodate their wish but unable to do so, because both buyers claim they haven't received the usual link that was talked about here before, to proceed to leave feedback.

Thanks to anyone who can provide the HOW to. I appreciate any input from the site developers, too.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qualified buyers - ones that paid instantly - receive an email from noreply@ecrater.com with a link at the time the payment was made and again about 20 days later. They must have that link to leave feedback.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Feedback - how to leave? Reply with quote

ClassicTreasures wrote:
Please spare me the canned responses and debates about why feedback is important / unimportant.

Keeping your query to the point would probably aid in keeping the answers to the point. There's nothing quite like antagonizing the people you're seeking help from.

Your buyers should have gotten an e-mail with the link they can go to to leave feedback. And I believe they get a second reminder about 20 days after the sale. There isn't any other way such as going to eCrater and finding any kind of "leave feedback" page.

Did I pass the test?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I should've known BT would beat me to the punch.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEEP in mind MANY mail systems put all noreply emails in the trash or spam folder - IF they deliver them at all. AOL is known for not delivering such emails.
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BTM,

I appreciate your factual response. I will convey the information to these buyers and let's see what happens. I particularly appreciate the comment about the possibility that these e-mails may have landed in the Bulk or Spam folder / or weren't delivered at all. Although neither of these people is using AOL as a mail provider, some other mail providers may also be set up this way, like you mentioned.

Have a cheerful Christmas! Very Happy

Last edited by ClassicTreasures on Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Keeping your query to the point would probably aid in keeping the answers to the point. There's nothing quite like antagonizing the people you're seeking help from.

Poopsheet - I also appreciate your response, although it seems I may have inadvertantly stepped on your tippytoes.

Sorry you found my query antagonizing. That wasn't my intention. I felt the necessity to point out that I am not interested in the WHY only the HOW.

This was based on some previous experience with some respondents' tendency to do it the other way around, and frankly, that is a fact based on previous posts about the same topic.

In responding to the somewhat sarcastic question whether you passed the test or not, I can only say, God seems to test us in many ways, at various times throughout life. Only he knows the answer.

Have a nice and peaceful Holiday! Razz
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassicTreasures wrote:
Poopsheet - I also appreciate your response, although it seems I may have inadvertantly stepped on your tippytoes.

Not at all. I'm just saying if you'd simply asked the question someone who knows would answer it -- regardless of any other side comments that might've happened. Messageboard threads will fragment, it just happens.

If you ever post for help and it looks like your actual question is being ignored or that the people who might know aren't answering the question, please restate it so the thread gets bumped and looked at some more.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
KEEP in mind MANY mail systems put all noreply emails in the trash or spam folder - IF they deliver them at all. AOL is known for not delivering such emails.

Good point. I've also been noticing AOL commercials lately where they're touting the new feature of naming your own e-mail address -- that is, putting whatever you want (apparently) in place of "aol.com". And I keep thinking, great, that's going to make it even tougher to detect non-delivery problems because we won't have any idea that they're AOL addresses...
OneChicBoutique

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... is there a way for sellers to leave buyers feedback?
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there isn't at this time.
OneChicBoutique

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your reply!

Charise
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneChicBoutique wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply!

And just to elaborate a bit, the reason is because buyers never actually register with eCrater -- when they go through checkout that info isn't retained.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: