eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

USPS Shipping Calculator
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: USPS Shipping Calculator Reply with quote

USPS Shipping has been added.

Options - Enable USPS Shipping Calculator Instead

If USPS is unable to return a rate the flat rate/weight based shipping will be used.

Google Checkout Specific behaviour:
Sometimes you may find that although you enabled the shipping calculator you are still getting the "flat" or "weight base" rate. That's because Google Checkout requires to receive the shipping rates for each shipping option in 3 sec. If the 3 sec are exceeded, the shipping fees will be set to the regular flat rate/weight based feeds * 2.

Last edited by ecrater on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this optional or required? I haven't listed anything yet today. For those mailing from outside the USA will it create an issue?
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
this is great.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Is this optional or required? I haven't listed anything yet today. For those mailing from outside the USA will it create an issue?

It is under "Options" (below Google Analytics and Inventory Control). You can enable it or not, as you like. So it shouldn't create a problem for non-US sellers.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:

It is optional. It will not create issues for merchants outside United States because you can just don't use it.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only trouble is I had fixed shipping on one of my books and it went to Google and did not charge for shipping. Now have to email the buyer and ask her to provide shipping. How do you do that when they buy with Google Checkout?

This was a sale before I even saw the news about the calculator. I am adding this so as not to confuse anyone again.

Last edited by Periwinkles on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why it didn't charge shipping as I just did a test order and the shipping was added fine.
bobsclassicautoparts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it out on an item I have listed for 2 pounds. It got the Priority mail cost right but was giving $11.40 for first class, media mail, etc. Those shouldn't even be appearing as 2 pounds is too heavy for first class and the item wasn't media qualified.

Needs alot of work but glad to see some progress in this direction. Hopefully it will be working correctly sometime soon.

Bob
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it on one of my other books and when I got to the list of shipping prices (priority, Priority flat rate, media mail, library mail, bound whatever) it gave me the right prices for them so it must be ok.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Several questions about this new feature? Reply with quote

Just checking on this new feature, since I have all of my items in with a "fixed" shipping amount, am I correct that there will be NO affect on my shipping costs when items are purchased due to this new feature?

I have not turned this option on, and do not want to do it until I am comfortable that the 'bugs' are worked out. When you turn this feature on, does it override the "fixed" amounts in the listings? Do I have to go back and change individual listings for any reason when I turn this on?

I read the comment above "If USPS is unable to return a rate the flat rate/weight based shipping will be used." Does this mean we should always still put in the fixed amounts, and/or complete the matrix, because it will default to one of these and if they are not filled in, the buyer would get free shipping?

Thanks for your help!

Have a wonderful week!

VintageMoonbeams
proimage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Periwinkles"]The only trouble is I had fixed shipping on one of my books and it went to Google and did not charge for shipping.quote]

I just had the same problem this morning. All my items have fixed shipping and now the shipping is not showing up on google checkout. I have not "turned on" this new feature yet (I can't figure out how) but I need to know what to do so that my flat rates will continue to appear on google checkout.
acread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is when the buyer clicks on Google button in the cart the shipping cost doesn't show in the total. If the buyer goes through "Proceed to Checkout" then selects Google Checkout, the shipping cost is there.

Could cause a lot of trouble. Cause no one would use the Proceed to Checkout when they can just click on the Google button to pay with GC.

Last edited by acread on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, proimage! This is very scary! I hope eCRATER can give us some information about this right away.

If fixed shipping is NOT working through Google Checkout, what can we do to avoid loosing sales? I can't afford to offer "accidental" free shipping.

Thanks!

VintageMoonbeams
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed shipping is not affected. It works just fine.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobsclassicautoparts wrote:
I tried it out on an item I have listed for 2 pounds. It got the Priority mail cost right but was giving $11.40 for first class, media mail, etc. Those shouldn't even be appearing as 2 pounds is too heavy for first class and the item wasn't media qualified.

Needs alot of work but glad to see some progress in this direction. Hopefully it will be working correctly sometime soon.

Bob

As I said it is sometimes possible the 3 sec limit in Google to be reached. Then all shipping methods will appear with the rate = 2 * Regular Flat Rate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: