eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What the heck happened?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: What the heck happened? Reply with quote

I got an email from a customer who ordered a product over 2 weeks ago. I never received an email from eCrater or GC notifying me of this sale. Then when I logged into eCrater I see there were two other sales from the middle of August. I never received notice of those either.

Something isn't right. Am I supposed to just log in every day to see the sales? This is probably a good idea because otherwise how will I know?

Anyone else having this problem?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have a Google Checkout order eCrater does not send a email notice. You will get one if you set your Google Checkout account to email you one (option is located at the Preferences under Settings in GC account). I guess you never did. Please see the following: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2041

If your order info doesn't appear at your eCrater store "Orders" section that means the Google Checkout integration is not done properly. Make sure to enter the API callback url and method at your GC account (in the Integration page under Settings). Without it the order will process fine, but the info will not reach eCrater and it won't appear at your "Orders" section and the buyer will not receive an email to evaluate (leave feedback).

You might want to check your accounts and your store more often.

Are the other sales you mentioned also Google Checkout orders?

How sure are you that the emails did not end up in the spam folder of your email account or bounced back from your spam blocker?
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I never received an email from anyone about the sales. I guess I will have to close this account and reopen with another name since my first 3 FB are going to be so awful. I honestly did not think there would be sales without any notification whatsoever. Every other site I am currently selling on sends out emails, so I didn't think eCrater would be any different.
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the two other orders were for GC
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing. I saw on GC that the 3 orders past the deadline for payment on the credit cards. Does that mean they buyers have to pay for the order again?
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it say next to the orders when you log in to your Google Checkout account? Are they "charged"? What does it mean "orders past the deadline"? Did they pay or did they not? Did GC send any money to your bank account (you can check it at the "Payouts" section)?

Two weeks is not an extreemely long time, if you have their credit cards charged and the money is already in your bank account why not ship the items to the customers expedited, they will receive it soon. It shouldn't cost that much more. You will avaoid negative feedback and possibly the hassle of starting the store all over again. Not every customer leaves a feedback. So don't count it before you received it.
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked like I had to click something to process the orders. I did that. But, the funds are not in my account. There was a date that I was supposed to process the cards by, but that deadline has passed. So, I don't know if the items have been paid for or not.

I changed my GC settings for email notifications. I will mail the items out tomorrow. I am just miffed that eCrater doesn't send out emails when items sell, with or without GC.

Thank you for your help.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Againandagainvintage wrote:
I am just miffed that eCrater doesn't send out emails when items sell, with or without GC.

You can thank Google Checkout for that -- it's part of their requirements.
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know about that Google Checkout requirement. Too bad, because it is nice to have some checks and balances if you have sales. I will pass the word for people coming to eCrater, to make sure then have GC emails activated, and to check the site often for sales.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Againandagainvintage wrote:
I am just miffed that eCrater doesn't send out emails when items sell, with or without GC.

eCrater does send an email notification if it is not a Google Cehckout order. If you are not getting those, then do check your email account (the one you are using for eCrater). The emails may be ending up in your bulk or spam folder. Or you may be blocked by your spam blocker.

As poosheet said the reason for notice not being sent has to do with GC's requirements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: