eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

When buyers use paypal shipping charged twice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellis-keepsakes-and-postcards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: When buyers use paypal shipping charged twice Reply with quote

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem. When someone purchases something from my store and try and use paypal to pay they are charged twice for shipping. Once from ecrater and then again from paypal. I am losing sales because people don't think they can trust me. Is there something I can do to stop this from happening? HELP!!!!!

Thanks, Kelli
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At PayPal one of the options is to set up an extra charge for every PayPal transaction, regardless of where it's coming from -- are you sure you don't have that set up?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poopsheet I don't believe that is the case. Where would I go in paypal to find that. I get payments for my ebay items and there is never a problem. I'm very confused. Any other suggestions?
aspencounty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely this is the results of having shipping automatically added at PayPal. It should be under Profile>Set Up Shipping Calculations.

What happens is you set up your shipping within Ecrater and if you have your PayPal profile setup for shipping it will add what ever shipping amounts you have there as well.
sbm-sportscards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to go into your paypal shipping calculations. At the bottom there is a checkbox that says "Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled)." If you check this box off it won't add the Paypal shipping on orders where you have specified a shipping cost.
crackersplace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Added paypal charges Reply with quote

Ah thank you. I think that did the trick. For some reason my customers were being charged a few extra dollars each time they paid via paypal. It seems that I had some sort of Shipping Method setup. I had to make it inactive.

Thanks Again! Very Happy
sbm-sportscards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those having trouble finding the proper page follow these instructions

Click the tab Merchant Services
on the right under the heading shipping and tax click on
shipping calculator

You will see a page called shipping calculations, right near the bottom you will find the checkbox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbm, Thank you! You are a genius!!! My problem is now fixed. I wonder why it only did this for my ecrater sales and has never done it with my ebay sales?? Again Thank You Kelli
sbm-sportscards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Paypal is owned by Ebay and they have it set so that Ebay sales are not subject to your paypal settings
drszhk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
Most likely this is the results of having shipping automatically added at PayPal. It should be under Profile>Set Up Shipping Calculations.

What happens is you set up your shipping within Ecrater and if you have your PayPal profile setup for shipping it will add what ever shipping amounts you have there as well.

its works with me. thanks
nccm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Paypal has changed their shipping calc page Reply with quote

I know these posts were done in 2008, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be charged double. There is no longer any checkbox to check on shipping calc page at Paypal. But then my calculations are inactive, so I hope paypal won't be charging any of my customer double.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal has changed their shipping calc page Reply with quote

nccm wrote:
I hope paypal won't be charging any of my customer double.

This only happens if you enable Paypal shipping. If you set up any kind of shipping within your Paypal account whether item based or weight based, either remove it or make sure you have it turned off so that your postage costs here at ecrater will override what you set up there.
IronmanLori

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal has changed their shipping calc page Reply with quote

TheMysteriousRose wrote:
nccm wrote:
I hope paypal won't be charging any of my customer double.

This only happens if you enable Paypal shipping. If you set up any kind of shipping within your Paypal account whether item based or weight based, either remove it or make sure you have it turned off so that your postage costs here at ecrater will override what you set up there.

Newbie here... I have the basic Paypal.. I do not have Paypal Premier or Business account. I cannot find anywhere within basic Paypal, to "turn off" the Paypal shipping option.. Will this prevent duplication? I want the shipping charges, if I decide to use them, to show in ecrater only.. Thanks, Lori
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori, just an FYI, it is better to start a new thread than go back to one that is 6 years old at this point.

If you have shipping set up in PP you will run into problems here on ecrater since you have to have shipping showing to customers. If you try for zero shipping so you can use PP shipping amounts, the customers will be shown that they get free shipping here but then will actually get charged shipping which makes for upset buyers and it is against ecrater rules to charge more than the initial amount. So for ecrater, PP shipping has to be turned off. The only way to charge shipping on ecrater is to do it through ecrater and nowhere else.

I don't even know how people get set up for PP shipping as I have never used it, so I don't have a clue how to undo it.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori, unless you have gone into your PayPal account and added shipping charges, this will not apply to you. If you can't even find the information in PayPal, I think it's probably safe to assume you never set up shipping there.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: