eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question about payments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hometreasures

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Question about payments Reply with quote

I wanted to know can we as sellers use other forms of payments within our ecrater store or use other companies to process credit cards (besides paypay & google) to give customers more options? If so, how?
jwautographs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every shopping cart system has it's limitations. Too many options can be confusing and redundant.

May I suggest if you wish to offer more payment options that you include a payment options section in your listings or About page and the customer can contact you directly if they wish to use an option not already included in the shopping cart.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater is only set up for PP and/or Google payments.

You can note that you accept other forms of payment and to contact you for more information if that helps. I used to use bidpay and noted that in each listing.

"Bidpay also accepted, please contact me if you would like to use this option!"
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only use Paypal and Google to process credit cards. If you login under your account you can check the other avaliable payment options.
They are money order, cash, cashiers, check, personal check, and cash on delivery.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Question about payments Reply with quote

hometreasures wrote:
I wanted to know can we as sellers use other forms of payments within our ecrater store or use other companies to process credit cards (besides paypay & google) to give customers more options? If so, how?

If you're thinking of going with a merchant account, sure, you can always do that. The potential problem is that eCrater isn't set up for it so it means what the customer might see as an extra step and some people don't feel comfortable being taken to another site to finish a transaction.
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Question about payments Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
hometreasures wrote:

If you're thinking of going with a merchant account, sure, you can always do that. The potential problem is that eCrater isn't set up for it so it means what the customer might see as an extra step and some people don't feel comfortable being taken to another site to finish a transaction.

Unless you want to take phone orders of course
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Question about payments Reply with quote

BargainBarn wrote:

Unless you want to take phone orders of course

True, and a lot of people like that sort of one-on-one situation where they can actually talk to the person they're dealing with (although there are plenty of people who would probably not go to the trouble of the phone call).
hometreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwautographs wrote:
Every shopping cart system has it's limitations. Too many options can be confusing and redundant.

May I suggest if you wish to offer more payment options that you include a payment options section in your listings or About page and the customer can contact you directly if they wish to use an option not already included in the shopping cart.

That's a great suggestion, but what if a customer comes from froogle and not directly to my website?
hometreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahm922 wrote:
eCrater is only set up for PP and/or Google payments.

You can note that you accept other forms of payment and to contact you for more information if that helps. I used to use bidpay and noted that in each listing.

"Bidpay also accepted, please contact me if you would like to use this option!"

Thanks for your input!
hometreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rowsofclothes wrote:
You can only use Paypal and Google to process credit cards. If you login under your account you can check the other avaliable payment options.
They are money order, cash, cashiers, check, personal check, and cash on delivery.

Thank you!
hometreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Question about payments Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
hometreasures wrote:

Thank you, I didn't know exactly how the process worked with ecrater on using other merchant accounts.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: