eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone use Google Checkout?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Anyone use Google Checkout? Reply with quote

I had 3 sales sell on eCrater using Google Checkout. I tried (but failed) to figure out how to get my money from these sales. I went to the GC site, but was unable to get any help or figure out what to do. I saw that my payout amount was set to zero. But, I found no way to change this. Any help would be appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
IncredibleClutter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google automatically transfers payments to your bank account. Usually takes a couple of days.

Handy, eh? Very Happy
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is nice. They actually give you the money w/o asking for it and w/o returning it to the buyer. Wow, what a concept. Very Happy
candybarwrappers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and w/o returning it to the buyer

This works just like a merchant acct.... customers CAN do a chargeback thru their cc company & google will return it from your acct. AND charge you like $10 extra if they find in favor of the customer.
kepssportscardsandmore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one charge back I had though GC, the customer received full refund and I was only charged 20 cents plus 2%, the same as if the order was completed. GC took care of everything. I'll bet that isn't that easy with PP!!
Of course this was with my checking account.

http://kepssportscardsandmore.ecrater.com
starmajesty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Google Checkout. Much better than PP IMO.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to use google checkout but when I had a customer try and use it it told her the cart had errors and was unable to complete the checkout. Same thing happened when I tried it. I have no notification from Google that there is a problem. I took it off for now - I was lucky that a customer told me about it. Any suggestions? thanks.

Terry
acread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF wrote:
I would love to use google checkout but when I had a customer try and use it it told her the cart had errors and was unable to complete the checkout. Same thing happened when I tried it. I have no notification from Google that there is a problem. I took it off for now - I was lucky that a customer told me about it. Any suggestions? thanks.

Terry

Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=13206

Of course first thing is to open an account at Google Checkout. Then verify your bank account info (which takes a few days. They deposit some money then you enter the amount in the place provided in your GC account so they know it is going to the right place.)

But do read the topic I gave you the link for.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will, thought I had already done all that but....
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could my problem be that I am using google checkout on another site with a different store name? Can you have more than one store - I would think so since I have 3 different ones with paypal and they all work fine? Now I wonder if I f'd up my other store because I went into google and checked "integrate with ecrater"? Help please. I am so google challenged, I don't get half of what they are saying with all the code words - so much gobbledygook to me! Crying or Very sad
Terry
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my understanding you have to have a separate google checking account for each site you sell at. You can use the same google checkout account for as many stores that you set up here at ecrater, but you can't use the same one that you use for ecrater at say bluejay or etsy. Something to do with inventory control or something. Any way that is what I remember reading.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Now that I've probably screwed it up at my other site I'll try opening another account.
Nothing like clearer than mud instructions on google!
Terry
aaajewelrystore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Google checkout tools Reply with quote

Hi!

I have been using Google Checkout for almost a year now, and I have never had charge-backs or any problems!

I love Google Checkout!

I closed my PP & Feebay accounts & set up merchant account with Google & started selling on Ecrater!

http://www.aaajewelrystore.ecrater.com

With Google Checkout, you have to log into your Google Merchant account and request to sell at more than one site. I believe you can use the same Google account, but you have to have permission.

There is a button there already configured for this. Just click the link and plug in your information.

You can also access Google Base here, to get better exposure in Google Search!

It isn't too complicated, you just have to know where to navigate to!

Very Happy Hope this helps!

AAA Jewelry Store

http://www.aaajewelrystore.com
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With Google Checkout, you have to log into your Google Merchant account and request to sell at more than one site. I believe you can use the same Google account, but you have to have permission.

There is a button there already configured for this. Just click the link and plug in your information.

IF there is this is new
I haven't seen it and I just went and looked on 2 of by accounts.

There is only one place to enter the API callback URL
so since you can't enter 2different API callback URL's
it won't work just entering your site names.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I hate and fear paypal I guess I'll just leave it as is for now. I checked on my Google account and at least 10 attempts at purchases were made since 9/12 and all bounced with cart errors. Doesn't tell me what they tried to buy or even from which site it came from - again all tech speak to me. Very frustrating. Crying or Very sad

Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: