eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Book Store In Town :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BargainBooks4U

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: New Book Store In Town :) Reply with quote

http://bargainbooks4u.ecrater.com/

15 sets of books listed and still working on it Smile
I actually have over 500 books, but I like to sell them in groups.
I think it is cheaper\better deal!

I always always combine shipping, I can fit up to 27 books in a box for 7.00 media mail (depends on book sz and box weight)....

Thank you so much, have a great day!

Karen
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater Smile

You might want to rethink the COD as payment method. It is a service that requires additional cost on top of the shipping. And you pay it regardless of the customer changing her mind and sending it back to you. Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3756

Also those * and ~ in your titles are not doing you any favors. Those might actually prevent the searchability of your titles in search engines (and at Google product search). Make sure you put as much info about your items as you can. Add a lot of keywords that would help drive in traffic.

Good luck.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater.

You are certainly a woman of few words. If you were writing novels, they'd be one page long, triple spaced.

Your titles are too brief and your descriptions likewise. Titles should include book titles when there are only 2 books, and the genre at the very least. Someone told me that women looking for romance novels use "chick lit" as key words in their searches. When they added that to their listings, their hits increased greatly.

These are formula fiction books, available at any yard sale. To sell them on line you need to make a bit of a description so people will want to buy them. Is there a theme to the novel, i.e. medical, legal, tropical setting etc?

You need to break your books down into categories on the category page.
You say you have 500 books to list. People won't wade through 500 books looking for a romance or a mystery.
Categories could be
Romance
Mystery
Science Fiction etc.

You shipping is confusing. You state USPS calculated but then state an amount in the listing for media mail. Create a paragraph about your shipping if you offer more than one and copy and paste it into each listing.

Your home page should state the genre of books you sell, whether they are pop fiction, classics, soft cover, rare editions, etc. Google looks at those pages more than buyers do.
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Will have to check out your store. I am looking for 3 books and will check and see if you have them.

Good Luck!
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to mention. . the cute little ~ ~ signs you have in your listings are a minus to google searches. . I would remove them. They sure look cute but not a good thing to use in titles or descriptions.
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big book reader and I agree with everyone here....

You need more categories
You need better descriptions

Best of luck to you!
BargainBooks4U

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: listings Reply with quote

I changed all the listings.

I am simple and to the point.

Every listing says "GOOD USED BOOKS" that is exactly what they are, & Every listing says how many books as well.

I dont know how the *COD* got put on there but I removed it, I would never do that anyway.

I do mail every package with a tracking number!

AND I did add more catagories.

My shipping is almost "actual shipping cost", I do combine shipping always, and I can and have been able to ship up to 27 books in a box for 7.00 media mail. Of course it depends on size and weight of books and box but it can be done!

Thank you for all the info, wasn't encouraging at all but it was helpful.

Thank you,
Karen
BellsBeautyBox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, all the advice given here was meant to be encouraging. You may be simple and to the point and spare with words, but if you want your store and products to be seen by customers when they do internet searches, you should probably fight your minimalist urges and get wordy in your titles. Maggie's observations are so true.

We're only sharing our thoughts because we do want our fellow eCrater sellers, like you, to succeed.

Good luck to you!

http://bellsbeautybox.ecrater.com
http://bellsbookbox.ecrater.com
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen,

I surely didn't mean to be discouraging. I really like the ecrater site in general but even as much as I read I don't order books from here because of the mess and lack of proper categories.

For me....I have my favorite authors but every now and then I want to read someone new and so I browse. If there are no book descriptions I have no idea what the book is about and so I don't want to waste my money. Sometimes if a seller is really nice and they don't have a description I will google the book and find a description myself but I've only done that a few times.

I would say....the easier you make your store for people to shop in, the more likely they are to come back.

Best of luck to you here!!
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also put the year in my title so the buyer will know. I have looked on many sites and don't buy because there is no description of what the book is about or the year it was published. I read a lot so I need that kind of information. Don't want to buy a book I have already read.

One thing I use E**y for is I go and get stock info from their site. Saves a lot of time.
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck to you. The advice and feedback you get here is invaluable.

Very Happy

Ann Clark
www.joyfulsleep.com
quality products for heavenly sleep
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't take our comments the wrong way. We are only trying to help you. Most of the people who post here regularly have been on ecrater a while and have experience on this site. Trust me. If we didn't want to help you we wouldn't waste our time responding to your posts.

I don't think you understand how people (shoppers) find items on ecrater.

Most people come to your items via search engines. In your case they are looking for a particular book, author or genre. The more key words you put into your titles the more people will see your books and since your prices are very low and your books look in good condition, you should sell them.

However, no one writes 2 thriller books or 2 historical romances in a search engine. Ecrater gives you 100 spaces for a title. Use them.
You wrote one title of
Two Debbie Macomber books
Why couldn't you say
The Wyoming Kid, Someday Soon by Debbie Macomber romantic fiction PBs fine

All books have some small synopsis on the back cover or dust jacket that you can paraphrase a few sentences from. Don't forget to use " " if you copy whole sentences.

If you really depend on this for your grocery money, unless you can live on tap water, I highly recommend you fix your listings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: