eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone else's "hidden" items suddenly not hidden?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gurlz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone else's "hidden" items suddenly not hidden? Reply with quote

I'm guessing this is/was a glitch, since it occured in all of my stores, sometime today while I was gone... I had to manually go in and re~hide 253 items one by one tonight for 2 hours...

If anyone else places items they are out of stock on in hide mode, you may want to check your listings...

Thank goodness I always separate them into another category, so I don't have to dig through the entire store to find them... that made this little problem MUCH easier! lol Laughing

Have a nice night and good luck!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure HOPE you took the time to report this problem directly to ecrater.fcom using the contact form.

I know I am!
thebeadstore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this thread and checked one of my stores.

I found some items that I sold a couple of weeks ago available for sale again. They had been hidden automatically when they were sold as I use the inventory control feature - which has worked perfectly for me since the beginning. I always make sure they're hidden after they sell and I put a sold pic on them just in case something like this happens. Also makes it easier to find when I go back to delete them a couple weeks later.

I found 2 books that I had manually hidden but never sold. (Someone borrowed them so I hid them until I get them back.) I also found 3 others that I had hidden after listing but they were still in hide mode. It looks like a hit and miss on these.

I just reported the problem to admin and now I'm off to check all my stores.
BookwormBargains

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that last night when I was in my bookstore. I've only made 6 sales there and I noticed a few of them were not hidden anymore. I immediately hid them because they had SOLD signs and I didn't want to get into trouble.

I didn't get a chance to check my other store - Yard Sale bargains because it was late. I'm off to check it now.

At least I now know it must of been a glitch and I'm not going crazy because I know they were hidden before!

Michelle
Bookworm Bargains
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the issue is fixed. See http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=13325

Might want to check all items and hide the ones that were out of hiding manually. Looks like it is only the items that were sold and hidden in the last two weeks.
gurlz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I sure HOPE you took the time to report this problem directly to ecrater.fcom using the contact form.

No BigTallMensClothing, I didn't... I still wasn't positive it was a true glitch or if it was just my stores for some odd reason... when I came to the boards late last night and no one had posted about it, I still thought there could be a chance it was just me and I hate to bother Dimitar with a false alarm.
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Slightly different glitch on hidden items Reply with quote

Hi, I had the hidden items showing up as for sale as well for a while, I went in and manually hid them again. But within the last few minutes, many of the items I had for sale are now hidden.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird because none of mine were live again. They still show hidden.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you made any sales within the last 2 weeks - you need to manually hide the item.

I got work to do now, I'll be back here later!
Laughing
MyBigGarageSale

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!

However, what caught MY eye was that lots of items were hidden that weren't supposed to be! There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, but this affected about 10% of my items.

After reading this thread, I went back and checked and there were also a few SOLD items that were no longer hidden (fortunately, they were marked SOLD).

I also noticed that items that had been hidden for two months ('til I have a chance to deal with them) had hits !? How can a hidden item be getting hits?
gurlz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyBigGarageSale wrote:
I also noticed that items that had been hidden for two months ('til I have a chance to deal with them) had hits !? How can a hidden item be getting hits?

Hi MyBigGarageSale... hidden items still show in web searches, such as google, yahoo, etc... pretty cool for advertising purposes Very Happy

Have a great day all!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: