eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Store banned for miscatagorization

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuliArtz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Store banned for miscatagorization Reply with quote

What is that? I just found out that my store was banned for miscatagorization? I have no clue what they mean. I think I catagorized everything correctly? How does one know when they chose, according to ecrater that they put something in the wrong catagory? How do you correct this, if you don't know what you catagorized wrong? I am sitting so darned confused. I've never heard of this before. Can someone explain this to me?
Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
JuliArtz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just to let anyone else know if this happens to them. I did get an answer via email from a very patient ecrater person. It was my mousepads that caused this big hadoo. I made an ecrater catagory for my store called "mousepads" and under the global one, I put it under "computers- accessory" I couldn't find anything wrong here. What I did do wrong, that in the title of EACH item, or in the description, there was NO mention of it being a mouse pad. Something to do with the crawler thingy. It picked it up as being a service or something. When the gentleman from ecrater realized it was a mouse pad (I think even he was suprised!), he unbanned my store, told me how to correct it. Now, I have "mousepad" after each title, and I am going to revamp the descriptions to have it in there somewhere. Just thought I'd post my own answer to my own question to help others.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention YOU NEED Mousepad in the title BECAUSE if I was searching the net for a mousepad -- I would put mousepad in the search. Therefore this will help you with sales!

You have something like 100 characters in your title ... use them! This will help people find what you are selling. Think to yourself - If you went to a search engine what would you type in to find the item you are wanting to sell. Look at what others that sell similiar items use as titles when your search comes up so you too can come out on top of the list Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: