eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Products / Catergories/ Search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweptbysilver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Products / Catergories/ Search Reply with quote

I have added new products and they do not appear in the categories search. What is the rank?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a quick look at your store. Some of your listings look identical. They may have differences, but it is not easy to tell. Make sure they are known in the listing title. Since you use the same image for them, that doesn't help. If the category mod doesn't realise the difference, might think it is double listing. Which is against the terms. If there are few they may just delete it. But if it looks like a storewide problem they may suspend you for it.

So make sure the difference in the istings are apparent before clicking into the product page (in your titles).

Without stating what item listings are not showing, there is no way for anyone to figure things out.
sweptbysilver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. I have corrected the problem w/ multiple items by adding the size to show the difference.

Here is an example of an item I added tonight.
http://sweptbysilver.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3150193

The product does not appear in pages 1-20 of the category search. It should be closer to the top right? Or am I wrong on this?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

TIME and Patients!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweptbysilver wrote:

The product does not appear in pages 1-20 of the category search. It should be closer to the top right? Or am I wrong on this?

Your store looks like you are an affiliate. New affiliate listings are not on the top of the search results.
sweptbysilver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
sweptbysilver wrote:

Your store looks like you are an affiliate. New affiliate listings are not on the top of the search results.

Actually - they are stock pics I use to save time in photographing the actual items. There are so many of those on the top of the jewelry section. Why are mine no where to be found? I have four other stores that are up in the categories with no problem. The jewelry I cannot move b/c of this. The store gets hardly any hits. Any suggestions? Thanks!
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click the link you provided, it comes up as "no such product". The rest of your store appears to be OK.

It would seem that this one product has been removed for some reason.
Not knowing which product this is, I couldn't even guess why.

Edit the product in your store making sure it is listed in the proper universal category, and update (re-submit) it.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per the terms of using ecrater.com affilates, drop shippers whatever you wish to call them will come up at the end of a search and not on top.
Unless you are personally stocking each item in your store - and not placing an order for it at the time you have a buyer - your items are there as stated within the terms of the site.
sweptbysilver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmericanEdge wrote:
If you click the link you provided, it comes up as "no such product". The rest of your store appears to be OK.

It would seem that this one product has been removed for some reason.
Not knowing which product this is, I couldn't even guess why.

Edit the product in your store making sure it is listed in the proper universal category, and update (re-submit) it.

Sorry- thanks for your help. This was an older post and that item has been removed . See below for my question.
sweptbysilver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Per the terms of using ecrater.com affilates, drop shippers whatever you wish to call them will come up at the end of a search and not on top.
Unless you are personally stocking each item in your store - and not placing an order for it at the time you have a buyer - your items are there as stated within the terms of the site.

I totally understand that and agree with the policy. However, if you look at the Jewelry category in particular, you will find that there are other stores using affiliate, drop ship pictures. Their products are on the top of the searches. Why is that? Why do they pick one over the other?
Just curious....LOL! Thanks again for your help ! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: