eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do you receive funds through Google Checkout?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peachstategal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: How do you receive funds through Google Checkout? Reply with quote

I am presently only signed up for Pay Pal. If I sign up for Google Checkout, how am I paid. Is there an account where it could accumulate like Pay Pal or is it sent to my bank account? Also, would I probably get more business than if I only use Pay Pal?

Smile Thanks,
Carol
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google like PayPal is not a bank. Unlike PayPal - Google pays you your money wihtou you having to request it.
Once the charge is cleared (takes 3-4 days) the payout to your account that you put in and verified is made and shown on the payout tab.

Quote:
would I probably get more business than if I only use Pay Pal?

No one really knows that for sure
BUT the more choices usually they better off you are. MANY people that shop online and never did ebay - have no clue who PayPal is - most people have heard of Google (as a search engine anyways).
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here on ecrater I have more Google sales than I do Paypal sales.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Google Checkout. I never state either/or but my GC is 3 to 1 PP. I don't know why people use it over PP. Perhaps because it is the first option and accepts all major CCs.

Google gave me a year of free processing so they will have to screw up badly before I drop them as an option. PP has never given me a cent of a rebate or anything else and I have a perfect record with them.
MagicCardHaven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love Google Checkout. I never state either/or but my GC is 3 to 1 PP. I don't know why people use it over PP. Perhaps because it is the first option and accepts all major CCs

Well my bf (the one who actually earns from this store) only accepts paypal simply because he doesn't feel activating google checkout. I keep telling him it's a bad idea because on my other store, I get a lot more sales from GC than from paypal - and when I do get paypal sales the person doesn't pay. Also love the lower fees Very Happy.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic,

I was hesitant at first too, thinking it was going to be like jumping throught multiple hoops to get Google checkout enabled. I followed the steps listed in one of the FAQs and found it to be far, far easier than I imagined. Now, I don't see why anyone would not want it!

It's definately been a plus for me, with more sales via Google than paypal. And I like the automatic transfer to my bank account instead of me having to go in and instigate it.
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The week I signed up with Google checkout, I suddenly saw a surge in sales. I could barely keep up. It slowed down a little but now I'm getting more G checkout orders again. I like it so far - cheaper than Paypal and since Paypal LOCKED one of my accounts last week without any reason with a $1000 payment that I'd just received, I will do anything to get as far away from them as possible. I had just opened a new account to take consignments with and they declared it "suspicious activity". I called to find out what and they said it was just "suspicious" - refused to tell me and asked what I was selling and IF I was shipping it out. I told them I signed up for a Paypal account, accepted orders and withdrew it to my bank account. I thought that was what PP was supposed to be FOR - and that's suspicious??! I believe it was because it was high dollar amounts and some of the buyers were overseas.

Needless to say I was very angry - they demanded my husband's social security number in order to unlock my $1000. I don't like PP having that information and I had already done all the steps required such as credit card, bank account, etc. So now they have everything. I immediatly withdrew all the funds except for enough to print the labels. Once this collection is done, I will be closing that out as well.

I hate Paypal. However I have heard that Google checkout has NO customer service when you call. I don't know if that's true - I hope to never have a problem with them.
bobsclassicautoparts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get away from Paypal all together but for now, they are the king of the sand box.

I've heard so many horror stories of things they've done. Once I even had a chargeback and they went into my bank account and removed the $108+ payment I receieved for an ebay auction. I don't think that's right but I guess it's in the agreement you sign.

Luckily for me, the buyer was a nice person and sent another payment as the items had shipped when Paypal told me all was good.

I'm new to Google checkout so I have no experiences good or bad.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: