eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi everybody!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovetosell1714

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Hi everybody! Reply with quote

My name is Fran I am original from Nuernberg germany.I live in Champaign IL.I been in the US for the last 16 years and raised a daughter ,she it 20 years of age she is already on her own.I am new in selling anything if somebody want's to give me some help or any idea on what I could do better ,please let me know.Thanks you. :wink:
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater Very Happy

I would suggest two things above all:
1. not to have Cash On Delivery as a Payment Option (Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3756 ) It is expensive and requires additional charge on top of the shipping cost you will pay. And if the buyer doesn't feel like paying and sends it back you will be out of the shipping cost as well as the COD service cost.

2. Make sure you use the correct form of typing when you are putting commas. you are not leaving space or leaving it at the wrong location. Computers won't understand that and recognize what you have typed as you meant it. The correct way to do it is after the first word without leaving a space you put a comma, then you put a single space and tye the secong word. For example:
it should be: green, blue
not: green,blue
or gree ,blue

Why is this important? Well when a search engine looks up a word blue it will recognize if it is
blue
or blue,
but not: ,blue
And your page that contains the blue never shows up in the search result.

Good luck with your store.
Cooldeals

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the ecrater community lovetosell1714! Selling online is a learning process that will take a little time and effort to get the hang of.

You will do just fine! Smile

Don't forget to add some more greetings to your welcome page, this helps customers to get to know you a little better. Have Fun!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater.

Issues I see in your store:

Your titles are not very informative. You should put in the title whether something is an Xbox game, video, DVD etc, if it is a book it should have title and author and whatever else you can fit in. Jewelry should have whether it is costume, silver, gold, plastic etc.

It wouldn't hurt to flesh out the descriptions also with more about the condition, age etc.

Here is a major problem. Your pictures are too small and don't enlarge when you click on them. When you take pictures and load them into your computer or wherever, don't reduce them. Ecrater sizes them for you when you upload them to the listings and then when you click on them they will enlarge. You are allowed 10 pictures per listing so don't skimp. Click on the camera to add or edit your pictures.

Good luck.
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome! Very Happy
thelittledame

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater Very Happy
ElegantMemoriesPhotography

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Hi There! Reply with quote

Well it looks like you got plenty of very helpful information. Your store is lovely, I love your photos. The only thing I was unsure of is what your store name is. I am new to eCrater myself, but from experience with other websites of my own, it is always desirable to post a logo where customers will remember you and where they found that product they like and want more of. Just a little tidbit to help out! Lots of luck to you! Very Happy
Regina
hilltopshoppe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and best of luck to you!
DazzlingDesignsbyDina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, best of luck Smile
StarwavesDesigns

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Welcome to eCrater.

You store looks great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: