eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Non Paying Buyer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Non Paying Buyer Reply with quote

Hmm. I got a great order the other night from a buyer in CT Smile and she indicated she will pay with a money order. I e-mailed her telling her that's O.K. Now she (or her husband?) e-mailed me back to say I should cancel the order as it was placed "in error." Rolling Eyes

I guess I have no other choice than to cancel; but I am wondering, does ecrater plan on adding a "block buyer" type system? Thanks.

P.s. All other sales I made here were without a problem. So I guess (hope) this is just an isolated incident! Smile

Last edited by ClassicTreasures on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelangcompanysilverjewel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the JcPenney site (or any other regular website) do they ban you because you put something in the shopping cart then didn't complete the sale. No, they don't.

They just don't send the merchandise if you don't pay them some how. I had someone say they were going to pay with paypal but they never did and I did send them an invoice. I just took the merchandise off hold so someone else can buy it.

To me any kind of "banned list" should be for real scams not because someone changed their mind before they paid.

I'm sorry if I sound grouchy, etc. No grouchiness intended.

Have a good weekend,
Tracy Smile
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbc

Last edited by ClassicTreasures on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tracy
No, you don't sound grouchy, but you also are not responding to my question. Besides, there is a whole lot of difference between walking around in a dept store and then deciding to leave without a purchase - and telling the seller in an e-mail you are going to send payment, then change your mind. It doesn't even seem to me that the e-mail came from the same person! May be a husband or boyfriend or parent who didn't like her spending. I think sellers should have the right to protect themselves against insecure buyers and decide whom they don't wish to deal with in the future. A block buyers list exists at almost all on-line selling sites if you look around. JC penny does the same when deciding not to renew a card request, or not accepting checks from someone based on previous buyer behavior. I find it great that buyers are protected against unreliable sellers; and I am wondering how sellers can be protected here against unreliable buyers. That is all. Sorry if that sounds grouchy... Laughing Have a nice weekend, too!

So, if anybody else knows the answer, please don't hesitate to share!

P.s. There is also a BIG difference between buyers who cancel an order due to an emergency AND say something like, "I am sorry for the inconvenience...", and those who don't. I would never want to block somebody who says "SORRY, I goofed..."
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Non Paying Buyer Reply with quote

ClassicTreasures wrote:
Hmm. I got a great order the other night from a buyer in CT Smile and she indicated she will pay with a money order. I e-mailed her tellign her that's O.K. Now she (or her husband?) e-mailed me back to say I shoudl cancel the order as it was placed "in error." Rolling Eyes

I guess I have no other choice than to cancel; but I am wondering, does ecrater plan on adding a "block buyer" type system? Thanks.

P.s. All other sales I made here were without a problem. So I guess (hope) this is just an isolated incident! Smile

Nope they don't plan on it.
They do have a scammer report thought and I wright them all down so I can take a quick look to make sure their not on it.
I would just right it off and look on the bright side at least they emailed you and told you and not keep you waiting for 10 days.

T
jwautographs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of being a bit annoying I don't understand the depth of the problem.

Perhaps it was a minor who placed the order or just simply someone who changed their mind.

There are two reasons to be thankful.

1. They contacted you quickly which is extremely nice compared to the usual non-payer who never responds to you again.

2. You have no fees here so no problems waiting to get any fees credited back.

Nice always wins out. Sometimes it's just better just to smile and move on.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraid I have to agree that you should just let it alone. I had one of those and she bought a few items from me but then didn't pay after I sent her an invoice. Just took them off of hold so someone else could buy them.

Joyce
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buyers never register
no way can you ban anyone
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsurfer, thanks for responding to my question! I truly appreciate it. You gave me a clear and concise response, all I wanted to know was in your response. Thank you! Thanks BTM, too. Have a wonderful day! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: