eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just Wanted To Say Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sassystyles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Just Wanted To Say Hello Reply with quote

Hi , I am new to eCrater and just open my store Sassy Styles, we carry mostly 100% replica handbags at a great price. Hope you take a look. We still have a lot of items to add yet but we will be working on it every day.

Thanks
http://sassystyles.ecrater.com
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to tell you this but did you see this in the Terms?

Quote:
3.3 What is not allowed to post?

- Body parts & organs
- Pirated materials and products
- Copyrighted Materials (images & texts)
- Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products)
- Fake Documents
- Illegal Goods and Services
- Personal Information about another individual
- Prescription Drugs
- Prostitution
- Currency Exchanges
- The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories)
- Miscategorization
- Meaningless title & description
- Test items unless your store is put on-hold
- Free items and items with prices that are not "real"
- Pre-order items

http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MIZombie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just deleted my whole post on that same thing as I was going to say the same thing.

Zombie
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are determined to sell counterfeit goods I suggest you try doing it on ioffer or eBay. eBay only pretends to care and ioffer doesn't even pretend. I for one would like to keep ecrater fraud free.
MIZombie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't see the big deal long as it is clearly stated and the item is not being represented as an original. But that's ecraters policy not mine.

Zombie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's illegal. I for one have never seen a listing stating that the bag, dvd, necklace, limited edition print, baseball card, etc was a fake. They are either described as authentic or nothing is said.

The people who designed and manufactured the originals have copyrights. Copyright laws are just as much a part of the laws of the land as drug laws, traffic laws or identity theft.

If Don Hoe wants to make cheap copies of Gucci bags and sell them he should put a label on them that says they were made in China by Don Hoe. I've seen fakes so good and so beautiful I've often wondered why the manufacturer didn't create their own line of bags and put their own initials on them.

Ugly Betty just had a great episode about a fake vs. genuine Gucci. And just as in the show, very very few people will ever admit that the bag they paid $200 for on eBay or the street corner is a fake.
MIZombie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I guess I am getting confused with say Jordaches Take on CK1 or what ever fragrance.

I guess I don't know the "law" I know if fakes were labled with the Gucci name but they were that be would be wrong but I just assumed if I looked at a hand bad had a sewing machine and made a bag in that likeness it would be my right to do so long as the label wasn't Gucci but Gucci Type. I don't know what was in the store now as all the hand bags are gone.

No worries I can't sew anyways! Laughing

Z
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big problem with INSPIRED BY items is that they USE the name of the inspiration to sell the item.

There is a HUGE difference between a FAKE and an INSPIRED BY.

Tiffany sued ebay for 2 things - one all the FAKES that claimed to be TIFFANY items and the second thing was all the inspired by Tiffany jewlery.
Think of inspried by as a look-a-like. It carries it's own name hidden inside soemthings so no one will see it. BUT using the brand name to sell the item is the problem. The brand name is a trademark most of the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay is a bit hypocrital about fakes and inspired bys. I've had more than one listing taken down because I said a bag had a Chanel style chain strap or quilting. Even though I listed the bag under the name of the actual manufacturer and made no pretense of it being a Chanel. Chanel is one of those designers who are super sticky about using their name.

On the other hand eBay does nothing about the people who claim to be selling Chanel new-with-tags bags below wholesale, something Chanel doesn't do or allow.

What really blows my mind is that people are on wait lists for years to get a Hermes handbag, but there are pages of them brand new with tags often advertised on eBay's home page. When Oprah gets turned away from Hermes, what are the odds the one you pay $14,000 for on eBay is genuine? Oprah and Meg are supposedly good friends. Currently there are about 400 new Hermes bags on eBay with the lowest price being $5000.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The law states that you may use a trademark name in comparative advertising, as long as you are:

1. Selling goods, not services;
2. Are NOT mentioning a design (that's copyright infringement, a different but similar critter).
3. You clearly outline the differences between the trademark owner's product and your product.

What is illegal, Sassy, is calling, for example, a Vuitton inspired bag a "Louis Vuitton Replica Murakami Handbag". It's not the use of the Vuitton trademark, per se, that's illegal, it's using the term for their copyrighted design - the Murakami handbag.

I sell Tiffany replica jewelry on my website, but adhere strictly to the criteria above. I never use the Tiffany copyrighted design names, or their designer names (Elsa Perretti comes to mind as one of the most illegally used online!) The main distinction I draw between authentic Tiffany and my products is the price - and that's huge to the literally tens of thousands of people out there actually plugging the term "tiffany replica jewelry" into their browsers, shopping for less expensive inspired jewelry.

I completely understand the anger and frustration of all who are fighting the insane amount of copyright and trademark infringement that's so prevalent today. I watched a special on exactly how much workmanship and time goes into building a bag at the Luis Vuitton studio by hand - amazing!

Ecrater may or may not be aware of the above distinctions, but I believe they want to "keep it clean" so as to keep the ecrater Froogle feed active and live. Google is in the same boat, they do not allow any type of inspired or replica words to be used in Base feeds. They just don't want the hassles!

I sold on Ioffer for a while, and omg what a ton of illegal activity goes on over there!! People actually selling Tiffany receipts, what the heck?? I had so many people asking me if my jewelry came with "boxes or bags", and I always told them, yup, ships in a box with my store branded colors, deep mauve cotton filled box!!
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: I should have stated, the jewelry I referenced is called Tiffany replica on my off-Ecrater store. Same jewelry is sold here and there, slightly different titles and descriptions to accomodate Ecrater's policies - more sales on my private website. 100% happy customers.

Go figger Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: