eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feeback System Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugzinnys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: List The unrated feedback as they are now Reply with quote

I think that the unrated feedback is a a good feedback. I need these listed in order to get my customer to trust my site, it shows customer that other have shopped at my store and had nothing negative to say about my site. Without my unrated sales I would not have much of a track record at all. So in my case please do not remove the unrated sale, I want all my sale listed.
A store with a large amount of positve feedback, may not need the unrated sale listed, Us small growing stores that are in the infant stage, every sale helps shore up our reliability in the eye of potential Buyers.
Mugzinnys

Please do not strip me of any of my slow, hard earned, rated or unrated sales, because they are crucial to my Growth here at eCrater.
Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKLeatherFashions wrote:
Quote:
What about those buyers that leave negative feedback and ruin our score because they did not read the ad properly on shipping time frame or think that because they didnt receive their item within 2-3 days that is was to long?
Most of my items are made to order items and require time for production and shipping this is told to my buyers and yet I received a negative that dropped my score drastically.

I hope the following will help you with your question . . .

BigTallMensClothing replied in a previous post, regarding this same type of question, by saying:
Quote:
According to the terms of ecrater.com and froogle (which your items automatically list on) ALL items MUST be in stock if you have them in your store.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKLeatherFashions - your neg is from APRIL
and you are just now worried about it?

Well I guess if you have the proof that you sent it our in a timely manner
most likely it will be removed.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: List The unrated feedback as they are now Reply with quote

mugzinnys wrote:
Please do not strip me of any of my slow, hard earned, rated or unrated sales, because they are crucial to my Growth here at eCrater.

I think perhaps some eCrater sellers overestimate the importance of feedback. If someone finds your store through Google or wherever they'll have no way of knowing that it's part of a "venue" and would therefore have no reason to even look for feedback. They'll base their decision on the store itself, just like they do with any other standalone online store. Generally speaking.

Of course, if they're mostly trained in the ways of eBay it may be a different story -- but there's a whole wide world of non-eBay shoppers out there...
mugzinnys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: List The unrated feedback as they are now Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
mugzinnys wrote:

I think perhaps some eCrater sellers overestimate the importance of feedback. If someone finds your store through Google or wherever they'll have no way of knowing that it's part of a "venue" and would therefore have no reason to even look for feedback. They'll base their decision on the store itself, just like they do with any other standalone online store. Generally speaking.

Of course, if they're mostly trained in the ways of eBay it may be a different story -- but there's a whole wide world of non-eBay shoppers out there...

For customers that do look at one's feedback when purchasing from a seller it important to them and I value every buyer in these economic times

Last edited by mugzinnys on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
AvonAndMark4You

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I hate the feedback system here, I have read over all the points mentioned but the one thing we have to remember is that we are stores not auctions. I would rather have the feedback space be a place where we could input our buyers comments that they have sent directly to us. Maybe it could just get called buyer reviews or something instead of feedback which to me mimics ebay and that is what I am trying to get away from. I like what poopsheet called it. A testimonials page would be great. I understand the reason behind Dimitri sending out a respond to sale notice after the sale is complete but maybe we could be the ones that add that information or not if we want to. and it could go out to all sales not just the ones that were paid by paypal or google. Does this make sense.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes perfect sense!
StarwavesDesigns

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Buyers Feedback Reply with quote

Having just read all this thread.. I haven't found out how the buyer leaves feedback.
I have buyers wanting to give it but can't find out where to go.

Anyone know???
acread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Buyers Feedback Reply with quote

StarwavesDesigns wrote:
Having just read all this thread.. I haven't found out how the buyer leaves feedback.
I have buyers wanting to give it but can't find out where to go.

Anyone know???

Try reading the topic about feedback in FAQ and Solutions.
YayBeads

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a technical writer and computer support person, I think abbashouse had a great start; I would present it this way:

<Store name> is very interested in your satisfaction. Please rate the seller based on
*timely shipment and packaging,
*quality of product,
*accurate representation, and/or
*customer service

People do read text (the best print marketing has a photo and a long story), but it helps if you break instructions up into sections, so it's not a sea of words. If you tell them what TO do clearly, you may not have to tell them what NOT TO DO. There are exceptions, but I would think most folks would ASSUME that purchasing would be easy. If an occasional feedback comment slips through, no harm done. Either it's positive and you ignore it, or it's negative and it gets removed (upon request) because it's irrelevant. And the sentence in the feedback email is not cast in stone, it can always be modified later!

As for the pros and cons of feedback, I have been following my visitors in Google Analytics (which is easy if you have a day with only one visitor). Some feel feedback is very important and they check it before they buy.

There are a lot of cheats on the internet. Positive feedback or a number showing customers who are NOT DIS-satisfied works in my favor. I have seen my sales increase as my # of documented customer numbers in feedback increased.

A lot of you folks came from a certain auction venue which has had a lot of trouble with feedback and it's management. Feedback policies there and here are two entirely different kettles of fish; it is certainly managed in a more judicious way here. Besides, other hosting sites also have feedback in one form or another. It's not unique to said auction site. Feedback is what we have instead of word of mouth and face-to-face contact to make our customers feel comfortable about dealing with us.

Testimonials can be great, but companies pay people to scan the internet and put out positive comments about their products...and, sometimes, not-so-great testimonials about their competitor's products.

However, I can see where some stores might find feedback and the (partial) number of completed sales detrimental, as BTMC pointed out.

That said, feedback is not a reflection of eCrater, but of individual stores. In that light, perhaps displaying feedback should be a toggle managed by the store owner in Admin. Then all the store owners will be happy.

My $.02...okay, more like $1.00 worth. Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wellspring wrote:
Testimonials can be great, but companies pay people to scan the internet and put out positive comments about their products...and, sometimes, not-so-great testimonials about their competitor's products.

That's why testimonials would be moderated. Unmoderated testimonials wouldn't be an improvement over feedback.

Quote:
In that light, perhaps displaying feedback should be a toggle managed by the store owner in Admin. Then all the store owners will be happy.

I could certainly live with that!
drszhk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Feeback System Change Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
Email reminder is now being sent to the buyers 20 days after the date of the purchase.

I have an nice advise (I assume, and trust people will like too)
eCarter, shall have an auto feedback enabled, (+ positive) when any individual buyer do not rate to their seller within certain period to leave feedback.
Also, the feedback link - most of time its goes to buyers junk email folder and they simply delete junk emails with out looking into. Some buyers, who access emails with outlook, junk email do not deliver to outlook and they barely check their email on web. Thanks for looking into and improving service!
acread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Feeback System Change Reply with quote

drszhk wrote:
ecrater wrote:
Email reminder is now being sent to the buyers 20 days after the date of the purchase.

I have an nice advise (I assume, and trust people will like too)
eCarter,

All suggestions should be posted in the Suggestions section of the forum. Your suggestions here may not be seen by eCrater. They do read the Suggestions section with regularity (they may not respond but they read it).
Quote:
shall have an auto feedback enabled, (+ positive) when any individual buyer do not rate to their seller within certain period to leave feedback.

That would be falsifying the situation. Just because a buyer does not leave feedback does not automatically mean their opinion was positive. They may have been indifferent (not care one way or another). That would not mean they were happy and backing you up.

Also the feedback email might have been lost so they may not have had access to leave their opinion. (Some accounts bounce the emails)

The number of unrated already show. Let customers make of them what they will. (Not everyone even looks at it. Or people with bunch of negatives would never be able to make sales. And they do.)

In any case don't get too stuck on feedback. That is not the only thing people look at when buying online (except for e Bay). It might factor in but it is not the only thing.
NetAutoParts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knappschiles wrote:
-- do we as sellers give fb to the buyers too ?? If so , How ??
Carol

Go to your Google Checkout account,
Click the ORDERS tab
Click the REVIEW sub-tab
You should see all your buyers feedback comments.

Click the "more>>" hyperlink for a REVIEW DETAIL page.
At the bottom of the REVIEW DETAIL page are 2 hyperlinks;
Contact buyer directly, or
Respond publicly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: