eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How does ecrater make money?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vitalfinds

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: How does ecrater make money? Reply with quote

Many of the sites that have been free have closed down. Ecrater and ***** still survive. Does anyone know how? The only reason I'm interested is that I just need to know how much time to invest in building a store, since I've done this in other cases, only to have the site shut down in an instant. Thanks.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater.com started in September 2004 so they have been around a little while.
I know what you mean about investing time only to have the site close up. It's a total PITA and very disappointing.

I beleive that eCrater.com long term plan is to compete with places like Amazon. In the long term they will charge for advertising spots on the ecrater.com home page. That is when and how they will make their money in the long term. For now, they are building the site and finding out what the needs of sellers are and trying to make it prefect for all of us. They have stated that they plan to remain a free online market place. Personally, I don't mind paying to be here as long as items sell! If I had my way, LOL, there would be a small fee on sold items. Thing is not sure how ecrater would really know if items that are not paid using PayPal ever were paid or not.

I have been on ecrater.com for a year. I have invested lots of time in my ecrater.com stores as well as promoting ecrater.com to other sellers to the point of help many get set up and started. My theory is if we all help one another we all gain - more sellers can easily equal more buyers. It's a win win situation.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
emptyingthecupboards

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I have been on ecrater.com for a year. I have invested lots of time in my ecrater.com stores as well as promoting ecrater.com to other sellers to the point of help many get set up and started. My theory is if we all help one another we all gain - more sellers can easily equal more buyers. It's a win win situation.
You are poetry in motion. If more people took the time to be like you, the world and our communities would be better. I've gained considerable know how from you. I appreciate the time you take to help and I try to help others when I am able. Usually you are there before me! Wink THANK YOU!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: