eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Combine like stores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherbagsanddesignerrags

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Combine like stores Reply with quote

Idea Why not combine some stores with similar merchandise and buy Google adwords and split the cost. I realize there would be problems to be worked out, but it could work. What are you thoughts on it? Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want the job of coordinating that one. But if you wanted to attempt it I'm not sure there is any law against it. It can't be any different than putting links on someone's website or blog. Except someone has to collect and divvy up the money.

The thing is if you click on a Google adwords you get taken to a site, not a site of sites. You would have to direct the adwords to a website with a list of the participants from ecrater. That means a shopper would have an extra step or extra steps. These are things that deter busy buyers.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a site where similar items from different stores are combined. It is http://www.ecrater.com/ If you click on the word "Categories" you can look up items of all eCrater sellers in a combined site.

I'm guessing maybe you are referring to an outside (non-ecrater) site. As MaggietheCat mentioned it would be a great eadache to run and divide cost etc. I doubt anyone would want to pay with even less likelyhood of getting traffic to their site (since there will be many sellers selling same stuff to pick from).

But if you mean to set up a website for yourself and provide links to various eCrater stores, you can do that (many people do). Or post peoples widgets.

Last edited by acread on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
leatherbagsanddesignerrags

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies. This forum is so friendly! My idea probably wouldn't work because of the money thing. I didn't know ecrater users couldn't use adwords. I'm just trying to think of ways to promote my ecrater store. I'm just another ebay refugee wandering around dazed and confused. Confused Neutral Shocked
acread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I just edited my reply. I was thinking of adsense when I typed the original one. You can use adwords. Not adsense.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone was thinking of adsense...
Adwords.... you pay per click..... so you would have it going to 1 store & who would pay & bid on keywords. & going to 1 store.... no one would want to pay for alike to your store or you would not want to pay to go to someone elses.
I never click on them anyway.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Combine like stores Reply with quote

leatherbagsanddesignerrags wrote:
Idea Why not combine some stores with similar merchandise and buy Google adwords and split the cost. I realize there would be problems to be worked out, but it could work. What are you thoughts on it? Smile

Combine Sotres with similar merchandise
OK I have to assume that you are talking about two stores owner by two different people - therefore you would be forming a legal busienss partnership with this other person - I stress the part about forming a legal business partnership . Since money is involved - payment has to be in someone name or the legal business name -- but what IF one of you run off with the money -- CYA -- do it legally.

Laughing < me smiling at my business partner who I am sure just read that and say run off with my money and I'll hunt you down, LMAO.

BUT seriously, you need in writting who gets what, who pays what etc etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: