eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why eCrater doesn't allow other currency ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paintballdeals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Why eCrater doesn't allow other currency ? Reply with quote

I've read you can write the price in the currency you want in the description, but since Canadian $ was 1/1 (4 weeks ago), and now about .80/1, this is a BIG problem for sellers around the world.

Why it is not allowed ? I can't adjust prices of all items everyday !
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the least of your problems. Read the terms and conditions. US $ AND all listings must be in English. Since you obviously can write in English, save your store by including English first in your titles and descriptions. French can follow but not dominate.

Re the currency conversion, If a buyer is paying with PayPal, PP will make the currency exchange using the exchange rate of the day. Don't worry about it. Canadians are used to buying on line using US$. Don't let it fret you.

BUT translate your listings or you will be shut down real fast.
paintballdeals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. But as you know, even if paypal make currency exchange, IT IS a problem for sellers outside USA. I know I can use a currency converter, but imagine I want 300 $CND for an item when the exchage rate is 0.9, I will ask around 270 US$. The next week the exchange rate can be at 0.8, so I will have to update the price to 240 US$ for the same item...it just doesn't make sense and I still don't understand why eCrater doesn't offer this kind of service.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you buying your merchandise from the US or Canada? Or elsewhere? You should be charging according to what you pay your supplier plus markup for your profit. I'm no expert but I don't think you can ship those items further. I'm actually surprised you can send them across the border.

Do you think you will sell mostly in Canada or in the US? If you have a track record on other sites you will know this. Are you using a drop-shipper and if so is it located in the US?

I understand your frustration at the fluctuation. I was madly moving money around last week trying to make money on the exchange. But I was selling on the bay when the Canadian $ was about 65 cents and never had a problem with PayPal and currency conversions.

If you don't have a US$ account at your bank, open one and connect your paypal account to that instead of a Canadian$ account. That way you can have money transferred to your US$ account and change it when it is beneficial to you.
paintballdeals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is here, I'm buying my merchandise from Canada. That's why it is a problem for sellers outside USA, we pay our merchandise in $CDN (or other currency) so it is hard to sell product at a given % of profit since we have to use a foreign currency, the exchange rate may fluctuates or drops...this is the problem !

And we're not talking about 1-2%, in the last weeks the CDN$ has drop about 20% compare to the US$.

It is sad, because it is the only bad thing about eCrater in my opinion. But it is a BIG problem for sellers outside USA. Hope it will change.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a USA site. Therefore they require prices to be in US Currency.
eCrater.com is not like ebay and don't have a Canadian site, and a UK site and a whatever whatever site. It's a USA site.

Just the way it is.
As stated in the terms of selling on this site
US CURRENCY
ENGLISH
are required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: