eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Asking for constructive criticism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
busyizzybeeboutique

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Asking for constructive criticism Reply with quote

Hello everyone. *taking a deep breath* Okay here goes, could some of you or all please give my store some constructive criticism? That is if you have sometime.

Yes, I'm still tweaking shipping costs but I would really appreciate you taking sometime to give me feedback to improve my store item details & shipping etc.

Thanks a bunch! You folks have all been great.

click on the logo below
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store looks very nice. Keep adding inventory and promoting and you should do fine. I also notice that you have been smart and have read through the helpful threads here. There are so many people who tend to just throw up a store without reading all the advice given by all our friends here. Their help is much appreciated by me. It is like having several mentors. So keep up the good work!
busyizzybeeboutique

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words and your insight. It's very much appreciated.

You're right, it's like having several mentors aiding us with great insight. Everyone here has been great and I value that.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store looks good to me. I didn't see any negatives other than the reference to eBay. Buyers don't care about that and it is a bit tacky to my mind. You are now the proud owner of a used children's clothing store. That's all that counts. Rember the buyer who finds your store doesn't know if you've been here five minutes or five years. You feel new but if your shop is professionally maintained buyers don't see that.

I used to live in Philly. Next door to the Franklin Institute. Loved it. Think they were the best years of my life. Long time ago.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some simple tweeking.... I would put the "we sell...lalala" that is the second paragraph on your home page... as your first paragraph. I have no idea if this really works but keywords at the beginning may get picked up quicker???

Maybe actual measurements for clothing? Especially women's since each brand has a different idea on our sizes???
One time I tried on size 14 Vanderbilt jeans.... I think they thought 14 meant INCHES around the waist & FEET long LOLOL
If I had legs up to my neck... Maybe they would have fit Shocked

& last... everyone does not agree with me on this... but I am such an advocate of a phone number on contact page. I just get weary of only being able to email. I get quite a few calls from my different bizes &
being able to "chat with them" it SOOOO much better than trying to email back & forth... but that is only my opinion.

Anyway.... as you can tell... these are just little nitpicky things... & your store looks great!
NOW... PROMOTE....PROMOTE.... PROMOTE Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a second so I really didn't look around much at your store BUT I wanted to say --- your banner is so neat and I am guessing you had it made for you
but the sizing is really way off for your ecrater store.
You can't even read it - and that'sa shame.

You might see about having it resized to fit the banner space.
busyizzybeeboutique

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I only have a second so I really didn't look around much at your store BUT I wanted to say --- your banner is so neat and I am guessing you had it made for you
but the sizing is really way off for your ecrater store.
You can't even read it - and that'sa shame.

You might see about having it resized to fit the banner space.

Thanks for the critic bigtallmen! Actually I made it myself *grin* and I resized it and uploaded it. Its the best I could get it to look ok, for now. more tweaking more tweaking. but thanks!
busyizzybeeboutique

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just resized image/logo on my store. Just getting images to look right can be time consuming and painful. Love using bannerfan.com however my logo just did not look right with their watermark right underneat. Since i made the logo. Is it wrong that I take their watermark off? Anyone, please advise.

Announcement:

http://busyizzybeeboutique.com now forwards to
http://busyizzybeeboutique.ecrater.com

Small store logo below.

Big logo below. *shrugs* yes I see I haven't updated my logo below to remove the watermark I mentioned above. The place where I host my photos is going through maintenance tonight. Go figure, my luck.

a very tired
Liza & (sleeping Izzy who is snoring) Kinda cute now, since she is a toddler. Won't be so cute when she's older. Wink
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

busyizzybeeboutique wrote:
Love using bannerfan.com however my logo just did not look right with their watermark right underneat. Since i made the logo. Is it wrong that I take their watermark off?

Well, that really depends on the site's requirements for use, I guess...
busyizzybeeboutique

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
busyizzybeeboutique wrote:
Love using bannerfan.com however my logo just did not look right with their watermark right underneat. Since i made the logo. Is it wrong that I take their watermark off?

Well, that really depends on the site's requirements for use, I guess...

Thanks for the input. Yeah I read their TOS and the part I am unclear about isn't explained. It's a free banner site. So iunno. If it's your image and you using their service, I'm kinda confused as to why they state you can't use their copyrighted logos. My take on it was to remove the their site logo underneath from the logo i uploaded which was mine to begin with. I used their site to get the lettering on my image.

Example below.
GuadalupeForgeWroughtIron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere, in a post here in the wee hours of some morning, I found a mention of this free banner site:
http://www.bannersketch.com/index.php?pid=home

I find it pretty easy to use, and after you finish making the banner, they email you a copy with no watermark on it. It is free (you can make a donation.)

Nice logo!
busyizzybeeboutique

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuadalupeForgeWroughtIron wrote:
Somewhere, in a post here in the wee hours of some morning, I found a mention of this free banner site:
http://www.bannersketch.com/index.php?pid=home

I find it pretty easy to use, and after you finish making the banner, they email you a copy with no watermark on it. It is free (you can make a donation.)

Nice logo!

Thanks for the info! Yeah I just cropped the watermark off but lost the nice border. I'll check out the site.

Liza & Izzy
clothingforallsizes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Your store looks great Reply with quote

your categories have nice pictures.
you have measurements (that's a pet peeve of mine)
your FAQ's & "about us" are very nice too.
I especially like your banner...very cute!
Great going so far! Very Happy
busyizzybeeboutique

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Your store looks great Reply with quote

clothingforallsizes wrote:
your categories have nice pictures.
you have measurements (that's a pet peeve of mine)
your FAQ's & "about us" are very nice too.
I especially like your banner...very cute!
Great going so far! Very Happy

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! I swear I think i'm beginning to get a complex not having a sale since that first. I hope we all do better!

I've had trickling sales in the other avenues I sell at. I'm beginning to think maybe my prices here might be too high. Any other thoughts would be very welcomed.

Warm wishes,
Liza & Izzy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: