eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Home page of store questions... Newbie in need

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuliArtz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Home page of store questions... Newbie in need Reply with quote

Hope someone can help me here. I would like to find out how after "welcome" I can add "Juliartz". Also, I've added my statement, but it cuts off at the bottom 3 lines. How do I get it to show it all? Do we have a choice of fonts?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
aidaband

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everything is fixed, fonts, layout and titles. Only the texts available from the admin are editable. The field for the welcome message has a fixed height, so you have to adapt your text. The "Welcome" on top of the main page is a image.
JuliArtz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaband wrote:
The "Welcome" on top of the main page is a image.

But if you look at ECraters homepage, immediatly AFTER and on the SAME line as welcome, is "to ECraters.com"
this is the part I am referring to.
Also they have 2.75 inches for their main page layout. I will have to go back and check mine.
aidaband

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the ecrater.com homepage is edited by hand, because the test includes a link and the "Welcome to eCrater.com" is one image (not two: "Welcome" + "to eCrater.com"). This image is different to the normal image (welcome.gif/welcome_only.gif).
The area for the text has the same size everywhere (166 pixel). The current layout will always hide the text behind the Featured Categories banner.
JuliArtz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are talking WAY over my head. I have no clue to computer mumbo jumbo talk, sorry. Illiterate there. Things need to be explained in laymans terms, not computer lingo, and in baby talk Confused
Basically, I think what you are saying, is that we do not have that option.
And in order for all my text to appear, I need to make it look like crap without spacing between paragraphs, as it doesn't allow you to indent to indicate new paragraph, corrrect? Shocked
aidaband

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short version: The main page of eCrater.com is a little different to your shop main page.

I used a underscore to indent the text (after my text did not fit with blank lines between paragraphs). But after your question I tested another method and it worked. The normal does not work because there is some HTML involved, so you have to use its HTML-code.
Code:

Just enter this code for every space character at the beginning of each paragraph.

edit: I noticed one thing while changing my text. If you open the text with such indents from the admin, the spaces are normal spaces again. So you have to reenter the code above again before saving.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Home page of store questions... Newbie in need Reply with quote

JuliArtz wrote:
I would like to find out how after "welcome" I can add "Juliartz".

This used to be editable before but now it's not. It's just says 'Welcome'.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: