eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

System status: Issue with the hidden products (fixed)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: System status: Issue with the hidden products (fixed) Reply with quote

There was an issue with eCRATER showing the hidden products as active products this night. The problem is fixed. However the sellers must still MANUALLY hide some of the products that have been sold for the last 2 weeks.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
GreatCouponDiscounts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecrater admin:

Just wanted to let you know that there was also an issue of hidden items that should be active. I noticed that about 50% to 60% of the items I have listed or updated in the past two weeks that should be active were hidden. It seems like it was random - I would have 3 or 4 items of a certain brand name, and all of them would be hidden. I would have the same of other brand names that were still active as they should be. I would estimate it was about 80 items or so in my store that I had to manually find using my Ecrater forum blog and unhide again. Thought you would want to know that it was a two-fold problem: hidden items were made active, AND some active items were hidden.

David
http://greatcoupondiscounts.ecrater.com
AustintatiousOfferings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of yesterday, we're still getting inquiries on items that have been sold and are out of stock, and are hidden.

We're still coming across items that magically re-appear and have been sold, hidden for some time, and all of a sudden reappear as available, with a quantity of -1.

Any help as to when this is actually going to be fixed? Or do we have to go in and manually delete items to cure the problem?

These inquiries have direct links~ so am not sure how they're getting them.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hidden items can be viewed if someone has a link to the product page (saved in their favorites or posted at a place by you previous to the item selling). Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=12191

The above mentioned issue was a one time occurrance. You were supposed to go in and manually hide the items after that (have you done that?).

Do the item names in your admin page appear as blue or grey?

Are the people seeing your items able to put in an order? They shouldn't be able to, since the "buy now" buttons of hidden items are disabled. If that is the case contact eCrater directly thorough the contact page to notify them of the issue. http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
AustintatiousOfferings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The items are in gray. We do know how to hide items manually, but, shouldn't have to now, right? Since the issue was supposedly fixed more than a month ago.

No~ this is a new customer that's never used our site, and just found the item visible through google or some other search thing.

How is it that items sold and hidden are visible?
AustintatiousOfferings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps.

this is an item that sold 3 days ago, and isn't an "old" issue.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustintatiousOfferings wrote:
The items are in gray.

That means the item is hidden.
We do know how to hide items manually, but, shouldn't have to now, right? Since the issue was supposedly fixed more than a month ago.

If your sale wasn't an instant payment with Google Checkout or PayPal yes you would need to hide the item manually, because inventory control does not go into effect on those cases. See: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4895
Since the name of the product is in grey it is already hidden, so you can't hide it more.
No~ this is a new customer that's never used our site, and just found the item visible through google or some other search thing.

How is it that items sold and hidden are visible?

Did you click on the link I gave in the previous post and read? If not do. You will see.
ps.
this is an item that sold 3 days ago, and isn't an "old" issue.

OK. there is nothing wrong with your store that is how it should be.

Google Product search doesn't update info their site right away it takes 3 days to several weeks before they do it. It'll get removed at some point.

Last edited by acread on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
AustintatiousOfferings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thanks so much for taking a peek~ we want to be sure we're up to date on anything that needs to be worked on.

Have an excellent day!
acread

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as no one is able to put in an order, it sounds like your store is as it should be. But if they managed to make a purchase of the hidden item, then you should definitely contact ecrater directly from the contact page.

Otherwise take it easy.
worldstoreone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Hidden Products orders are going thru...thru Google products Reply with quote

I placed a HOLD on a product on Friday and it is still showing as being on hold, yet 2 orders have gone through in the last 20 minutes for that 1 item. I went back in to check and make sure is still shows as on hold-it does, and it even shows as not available on google products. I re-clicked, the already checked "On Hold" button, and it was Grey before, and Grey still and still showing as on hold and orders are still coming in. Should I just delete the entire listing? If i do thru eCrater, how long will it take for that to delete off of Google products? This is very frustrating.

On the other hand, we manually charge thru each google checkout order. We do not have it set to manually charge the customer, so that if the matrix is off and over charges a little on shipping I can catch it and adjust the amount and charge less. When an order, has NOT been charged manually by Us. Should I ?

1.) Delete the order using the delete button thru eCrater?
or
2.) Do you charge it but put 0.00 as the chargeable amount thru eCrater?
or
3.) Should I log-in and do all 2.) directly thru Google checkout? I didn't see delete as an option in the checkout only charge showing?

We read the hold posting from earlier in the week, but have never had this particular canceling an order at the charge point issue yet.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter as I'm stressed as a second order was reviewing and pending for the same thing as I type this!
Made4me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Item sold that was hidden Reply with quote

An item of mine sold yesterday that was hidden. It is still showing hidden with now a Quantity of -1. This is poor customer service to sell items that are not in stock! I have just started deleting hidden items which is something I did not want to do.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an inquiry this morning on an item that is "hidden", asking if this item is available to purchase. I went into edit the product and put a note at the top of my description "This item is sold. Please see my other store items for similar items in this series." I emailed the person who inquired, and thanked her for emailing and explained that the item is sold, and I invited the person to see other similar items in my store.

I can delete the item, but was not quite ready to do that yet.

I have noticed, when the item is first automatically hidden due to purchae, the quantity goes to zero. However, when you go into edit to update the description (for example, as I did, to say "sold"), the update will Not go through with this zero quantity. The error message is "The quantity must be a positive number". In order to complete the update (or even move on), I had to go and make the quantity be at least "1". Maybe this quantity change is the problem, that is allowing folks to purchase the item, even though it is on "hide" status?

I think this issue is a serious one, that needs attention. I have been seeing comments about problems with this "hidden item" issue since the change was made to allow access to the hidden items. I wonder if the problems it is causing with duplicate purchases of already sold items, outweighs whatever the advantage is to having this access to hidden items?

Have a wonderful day!

VintageMoonbeams
acread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Item sold that was hidden Reply with quote

Made4me wrote:
An item of mine sold yesterday that was hidden. It is still showing hidden with now a Quantity of -1. This is poor customer service to sell items that are not in stock! I have just started deleting hidden items which is something I did not want to do.

Do you have the inventory control turned on? If not you may need to to get the items hidden automatically after an instant payment purchase.

Unfortunately the inventory control works only with instant PayPal or Google Checkout payments (not with check, money order or COD or eChecks). And there is a 15 minute period where the customer credit card info is autherized before receiving the completion of the payment and hiding the item. During that time someone else can make a purchase (unless you run into it and hide it manually).
acread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Item sold that was hidden Reply with quote

worldstoreone wrote:
I placed a HOLD on a product on Friday and it is still showing as being on hold, yet 2 orders have gone through in the last 20 minutes for that 1 item. I went back in to check and make sure is still shows as on hold-it does, and it even shows as not available on google products. I re-clicked, the already checked "On Hold" button, and it was Grey before, and Grey still and still showing as on hold and orders are still coming in. Should I just delete the entire listing? If i do thru eCrater, how long will it take for that to delete off of Google products? This is very frustrating.

I'm a bit confused with this. Looks like some error. Please contact eCrater directly and explain the situation to them. Use their contact form for it.
worldstoreone wrote:
On the other hand, we manually charge thru each google checkout order. We do not have it set to manually charge the customer, so that if the matrix is off and over charges a little on shipping I can catch it and adjust the amount and charge less. When an order, has NOT been charged manually by Us. Should I ?

Do you mean you are cancelling the order? If it is not charged I would assume there is nothing to refund. I would not delete things. Just keep the info for future reference. If anything is questioned about it in the future you will have it to check or prove or whatever. But that is me. I keep a lot of things as record.
acread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagemoonbeams wrote:
I received an inquiry this morning on an item that is "hidden", asking if this item is available to purchase. I went into edit the product and put a note at the top of my description "This item is sold. Please see my other store items for similar items in this series." I emailed the person who inquired, and thanked her for emailing and explained that the item is sold, and I invited the person to see other similar items in my store.

I can delete the item, but was not quite ready to do that yet.

You can just put up a sold image and make it the default image when hiding an item.

People asking about items sold out or hidden is not always a bad thing. Sometimes sellers may run out of stock but will be able to get it again soon, so if anyone inquires, they can have the customer wait. So they won't loose a sale. We always think about how we practice selling, but if the seller is not selling one of a kind stuff that may be replaced later it make sense. Since every store is set in the same operation we sometimes make allowances and face inconveniences. But unless the customer was able to actually put an order when the "buy now" button was disabled, I don't think it is a huge deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: