eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

check-out can`t you choose the shipping method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birddrake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: check-out can`t you choose the shipping method Reply with quote

I have had 2 sales so far and both seem to have trouble. both sales the persons order was selected with flat-rate envelope (USPS) and both items can`t fit in a envelope. The 1st person seems to understand that and i am waiting for them to add money to cover the cost of the package, as the flat-rate envelope was cheaper, but the 2nd person seems upset that i requested more money to ship the item as it won`t fit in a envelope. He said thats is what the order came up with. Can`t the person select the shipping method ( i had 3 parcel post, priority and priority flat-rate envelope ). I was thinking they can and was hoping that people are smart enough to understand that priorit flat-rate ENVELOPE can only fit certain items (mostly magazines and very small items) and that they should select a shipping method that is suitable for the item they want. I have removed the flat-rate envelope from the options, but would like to now if they can select the choice they want or does it just select the cheapest.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you should do a buy from your store -- just don't pay for it
and see what it does.
birddrake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tried it and yes you can select the method you would like. It shows the cheapest first so if the person never clicks on that button then it slects the cheapest. I guess i will have to put that in the sayings so people will know that they can select a shipping method (i just leave it to 2 types Priorit and Parcel Post - which will cover everything). Makes me wonder if they just didn`t know to click the button that says (chose shipping method) or that they just rushed through it and not pay attention or just chose the cheapest one.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who don't do a lot of online shopping or mailing may not understand what flatrate envelope is for. Even in some post offices the employees think only documents can go in the flatrate envelopes.

Somewhere on your listings or terms you need to explain the types of your merchandise that fits into a flatrate and what has to go as a package.

It is amazing what one can get into a flatrate envelope. I've put books in up to about 2 inches thick, multiples of most magazines, tablecloths etc will go in. With cross country shipping getting so expensive, I really do try to use them whenever possible.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might be better if eCrater put only standard and expedited shipping options at the product pages for customers to choose only. And the sellers can choose what type of shipping method to be used for which item and if it can be combined with others shipping wise.
birddrake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the second person wish to cancel and i cancel it for them (out 20 cents - google checkout) and that was my first google check-out too. Just wish you could put the diff. shipping methods for each item instead of a global shipping option. I hope the first person dosen`t change their mind also (that would really suck - have 2 sales here and lose them both to shipping disagreement).
zannsvintage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this means the shipping calculator DOES show shipping methods which can not be used for the item. What does this mean for 1st class vs parcel post?

Will it still show 1st class as an option if the item weighs over 13oz.?
birddrake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should do like BTMC told me and buy a item over 13oz from your store (if you have one) and not pay for it, so you can see if it shows first class.
scenesfromthecountry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shipping calculator still needs lots of work. I am still using the shipping matrix and rarely come up short on shipping fees.
terrysgentlyused

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just been playing with mine and a part of the problem seems to be there is no indication that a shipping method must be chosen. It shows the lease expensive in the box and most people will probably assume that's it.

Also, when using the drop down menu, the size of the box is too small and not all the information shows. Some of the cost is cut off.

Is there any way to make choosing a shipping method a table and requiring a choice before proceeding? Can the box in the drop down menu be enlarged to show all the information?

If the right one is choosen it seems to work just fine. Thanks.

Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: