eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to attract attention to the store?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceramicjewelry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: How to attract attention to the store? Reply with quote

It's almost a year on ecrater. I have not sold anything. I am not complaining I just wonder how you attract attention to your store and promote.

For the Christmas and New Year I am ready that all my handmade ceramic jewelry 50% off. Even not earning, I do wish the sale starts.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your jewelry looks very nice but I think the cost of shipping is probably what is keeping you from having sales. In most cases it is as much as or more than the cost of the item. Since most sales on ecrater are from US residents, they will look elsewhere for something similar that is closer to home.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at all the places to promote your store here in the forum.... start some blogs... mention in other forums... ad a few new products each week to keep the searches indexing....
You did add to searches?
noadi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely think it's your shipping prices that are the biggest problem. Honestly your jewelry is beautiful and I think if you reworked your prices to account for some of the shipping cost. For example I saw earrings for $10 with $26 shipping, honestly I think you might be able to sell those earring for $26 with $10 shipping. The total is still the same but buyers will think they're getting a better deal because the shipping is lower.
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drop a zero on your shipping. $26.00 is very unreasonable
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the shipping is way too much. I send my jewelry first class or priority with insurance. Even with insurance on priority it would only be $6.45 to any place in the US.
acread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP is located in China. It would cost considerably higher when you send stuff internationally. And we don't know the rates Chineese Post Office Charges.

But what Noadi suggested is reasonable. Changing the shipping cost to add the difference in the price will help.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen on other Chinese stores, it looks like the OP is charging for registered airmail. I know that for some countries that may be the only safe method of shipping but if that is not the case, I'd definitely look into alternative methods. Is that the only insured method of delivery?

If it is, I recommend you alter your item prices to absorb part of the shipping cost. You might also offer sets of jewelry so buyers get more for their shipping money.

You might also offer $26 shipping for total order---if that is feasible. It will also encourage people to look for items to add to their order.

Your items are really nice so I think it is definitely worth experimenting with your prices and shipping.
ceramicjewelry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the good and kind advice.
I know the key problem is the shipping charges. I had once thought about keeping the shiiping charges blank and writing notes especially in the texts such as "free shipping on order over $198" and so on. But the Ecrater had my store on suspense, so I had to fill in to keep my store active.
I give clear indication in the texts and "terms", but it seems that nobody seems to have a look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: