eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loveyourhome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Any suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi! I believe I'm almost finished with setting up my store. I've been setting this store up for the past 2-3 months and I think I'm almost there. I'd just like anyone's input on anything they think I should do to improve it. I had a store before, but that one pretty much failed, so I decided to make this one instead and I think I've done a much better job. So far (out of the past 2-3 months) I've only gotten 1 sale, but I guess that's expected when you haven't started promoting as yet. I'm now in the process of promoting and try to put as many google attributes possible.

Also, any promoting tips that have been most helpful to you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot! Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater.

I could only get a brief look at your store as I am having issues with my computer but this is what I noticed.

On your home page you do not mention anything about the contents of your store. Having key words that relate to your store contents on your home page are important for search engines.

http://loveyourhome.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3568771
This item has a price of $21.00 and in your description you say the MSRP is $14.95. Don't expect to sell that item. That may be a typo as the other items I looked at have MSRPs that are higher than your prices.

Check the "feature this item on your home page" for some items so they will alternate on your home page upper right corner.

Since you are using a drop shipper and have a ton of competition you will have to go a few extra miles to make your store stand out.

I think the picture you chose for under your logo goes well with the theme/name of your store.

Last edited by maggiethehousecat on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abbystreasures

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I did a quick look. I know how much work it is and I still see things I missed.
Love your logo.

Here are a few suggestions, maybe you just haven't had time to add them yet.

1- Add the featured items
2-Welcome, maybe add a brief description of your store and it's focus
(like designer, country items for your home (key words that make what you sell unique)
3-Add to FAQ, About & Terms
4- I looked at a couple of items and think that some of the descriptions need to be longer with more key works, like Goofy lamp maybe add children's room boys girls, etc. Bathroom corner cabinet, is it painted, country

I haven't had time to learn how to do the google attributes and sell antiques and collectibles so put in as many key words as I can in my titles and descriptions. I am getting lots of hits and had a sale Very Happy The item was found from a Google search.

Hope this helps and Good luck!

Abby
loveyourhome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are really great tips and I really really appreciate it. I'll get started on them ASAP.

I have another question too. I signed up with top 100 estores and it says I need to post their link on my site. Where and/or how do I do this?
Thanks again!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loveyourhome wrote:
These are really great tips and I really really appreciate it. I'll get started on them ASAP.

I have another question too. I signed up with top 100 estores and it says I need to post their link on my site. Where and/or how do I do this?
Thanks again!

If you have a website or blog you can post their link there but you can't post any links on ecrater. You can type it in but it isn't clickable.
loveyourhome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So do I type it in somewhere on ecrater? Or do I just not put it anywhere?
GuadalupeForgeWroughtIron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Websites that say they require a link as part of their terms are referring to an active link, one that's clickable. An inactive link can only work if folks copy and paste the URL in their browser, instead of clicking on it, and that doesn't help the other website in terms of search engine ranking. I'd say don't bother putting it in eCrater at all, since they're looking for a clickable link.

I look for directories that don't require a link back. A bit harder to find, but they're out there...or you can develop a blog or other website where you can post links, as viewfinders mentioned.
Books2Read

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only one person's opinion, so take it or leave it. Smile

When I see a store Online, the first thing I do is check out the "terms", "about" and FAQ pages. If they are blank, I back browse and go looking elsewhere. Blank pages scare me. They make me think the seller is a fly-by-night artist who will disappear after he's gotten my money. If he won't take the time to set up his store properly, providing me with answers to questions that would normally be asked, I won't shop there.

For some reason, blank pages are very prevalent on ecrater. I've seen some very nice products, but if those pages are blank, I'm gone. Same with shipping charges. If S&H isn't listed, forget it. I'm not into guessing games or waiting for an email in response to a question that I shouldn't have to ask in the first place. A lot of ecrater sellers have lost my business because of this.

Anyway, that's how I feel. If it helps you, great. If not, that's okay too. LIke I said, it's only one person's opinion. Smile

Good luck selling on ecrater.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuadalupeForgeWroughtIron wrote:

I look for directories that don't require a link back. A bit harder to find, but they're out there...or you can develop a blog or other website where you can post links, as viewfinders mentioned.

I bit off topic but if you are looking for free directory links this is a good place to start. Dan runs a tight ship and most of the directories he lists on IVS are pretty good quality.

http://info.vilesilencer.com/
GuadalupeForgeWroughtIron

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aspencounty, thanks very much for that!
loveyourhome

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot everyone. I'll definitely start working on those parts of my store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: