eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Multiple Purchase Shipping Discount Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebeccasbookden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Multiple Purchase Shipping Discount Problem Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Well, I thought I had the problem solved with the matrix with weight so that customers who purchase more than one book would get an automatic adjusted shipping cost during checkout.

Wrong. I was just checking different combinations by going through checkout myself and now I'm stumped.

If someone purchases 2 paperbacks, no problem, instead of $3.25 plus $3.25, the rate shows as $4.50. Fine

If someone purchases 1 paperback and 1 hardcover, instead of $3.25 and $4.50, it's $5.50. Fine

But when I tried a paperback and 2 hardcovers, instead of $3.25 plus $4.50 plus $4.50, the shipping comes up as $32.00!!!!! That's even way more than the $12.25 if you add them altogether.

Yikes!

It's either way off base or I'm doing something wrong.

I wanted to do away with invoicing except in cases of Priority Mail, but customers would definitely hit the back button with a $32 shipping quote unless I just told them in listings to e-mail before making purchases for multiple items.

Not many would order more than one hardcover, but with my luck, they would. I prefer not to chance it.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Rebecca
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But when I tried a paperback and 2 hardcovers, instead of $3.25 plus $4.50 plus $4.50, the shipping comes up as $32.00!!!!! That's even way more than the $12.25 if you add them altogether.

Your matrix is based on what you have in the weight box.
What number you have in that weight box? Add them up then look in the matrix that's where the $32 comes from

Why not use the shipping calculator ???
with the matrix as your back up?
rebeccasbookden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Big and Tall!

Okay, I see where the numbers are coming from. I have to re-think how to do this. I set up the matrix to work for smaller ounce increments for the personalized letters I was doing then used larger numbers for the books which upped the poundage. Works great for single items.

So I have to adjust the matrix and then adjust the weight in all the listings.

That's a great idea to do the shipping calculator and use the matrix as a back up, once I figure things out.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: