eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does anyone get noticed from eCrater when a sale is made?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hidyscloset

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Does anyone get noticed from eCrater when a sale is made? Reply with quote

For some reason I do not get any kind of notice from eCrater when I've made a sale but instead, have to rely on PayPal's payment notification email. That is ok except if I am understanding a recent email I received from PayPal, they are going to cease providing these notices in February. Does anybody else not receive sales notice emails from eCrater or is it just me?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what PayPal will be changing on Feb. 11, 2009, which I copied from the email that I received on Dec. 17, 2008, from PayPal.
---------------------------------------------------------

Tired of email clutter? So are we. To make your life easier, we're eliminating some of the automatic emails we send after transactions. These changes will take effect on February 11, 2009. Though you will no longer receive certain emails, all transaction details will still show up in your PayPal account for your record keeping.

What you need to do:
If you don't use PayPal emails to trigger any automated processes, do nothing.
If you've been using any of the emails listed below to trigger actions such as updating accounting and inventory or sending customer communications, you will be able to access this information on the "History" page in your PayPal account. If you want to automate your processing, you may implement Instant Payment Notification (IPN). IPN provides a free, reliable solution for automatically notifying businesses of transaction status. For more details send your developer to www.paypal.com/ipninfo
The emails we're discontinuing are:
The email you receive when you cancel an order (Merchant cancel email: ID# PP594)
The email your customer receives when you cancel an order (Buyer void email: ID# PP592)
The email you receive when funds move out of your customer's PayPal account (Merchant capture email: ID# PP593)
The email your customer receives when funds move out of their PayPal account (Buyer capture email: ID# PP591)
The email you receive after you initiate a refund to a customer (Merchant refund email: ID# PP286)

To see examples of these emails, visit www.paypal.com/discontinuedemails

I always get an "Order #xxxxxx" email notification from "noreply@ecrater.com" to tell me about PayPal purchases, as well as the email from PayPal. This email from eCRATER should be going to the email address that you said to use for orders in your administration screen under "Account" and "edit account info", and then at the bottom "Email for orders". You might check this, and send the emails to the place that works best for you.

I just went back and checked the PayPal email notification, and these are PayPal Email ID PP341. So, I am hopeful that this is Not one that is being eliminated?

Also, I always go into my PayPal account and confirm the money is actually in my account before I ship the item. I print the "details" section from my PayPal account to use as backup in my accounting for taxes.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

VintageMoonbeams
successlog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know it clearly.I am expecting my first sale on ecrater.lol
good luck
hidyscloset

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The email you receive when funds move out of your customer's PayPal account (Merchant capture email: ID# PP593)

That translates to me to mean the email I receive when a customer pays. I used to receive notice email from eCrater but not for the last few sales. It concerns me because it provides a significant margin of error for missing a sale or at least not getting to it timely. Hopefully the lack of eCrater notice has just been a fluke and won't turn out to be an issue. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone else was having any problems of this nature.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It concerns me because it provides a significant margin of error for missing a sale or at least not getting to it timely.

I NEVER go by emails from any site.
I go 100% by my payment accoutns. I check my google checkout accounts and my paypal accoutns DAILY (usually several times). THis results in
IF I got the money the item get shipped - IF not - I don't ahve a sale.
I dont' worry at all about orders on sites anywhere - all that matters to me is the money in my accounts.
Doing it this way leaves NO room for error Laughing
acread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone get noticed from eCrater when a sale is made Reply with quote

hidyscloset wrote:
For some reason I do not get any kind of notice from eCrater when I've made a sale but instead, have to rely on PayPal's payment notification email. That is ok except if I am understanding a recent email I received from PayPal, they are going to cease providing these notices in February. Does anybody else not receive sales notice emails from eCrater or is it just me?

I always get my notices from eCrater.

If it is a Google Checkout sale you do not get a notice from eCrater. You need to set up your Google Checkout account to send you a notice. Something about double notification and the way eCrater notices are set up to be mailed.

Since you are talking about PayPal, I would suggest you first look at your spam folder.

Then, check your email accounts firewall or address block. Some email sites are more vigilant at deflecting email (considering them spam, like AOL). Putting eCraters address in your addressbook would help not get the email to be considered junk. eCrater order notices have the following from address: noreply@ecrater.com and no subject line (maybe that is causing your issue).

Then make sure you have your email address correctly in your eCrater account (in Edit Account Info).

Make sure you are checking the correct email address.
crackersplace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Emails from Customers going to Spam Box Reply with quote

I have had several of my questions from the Ecrater form go into my Junk mailbox. I am starting to wonder how many I have missed!

I was wondering if Ecrater would consider looking at changing the format of the emails so that they do not go into the spam folder. I have setup a rule to turn anything with ecrater in it red so I will test this out.

I have seen them go into my normal junkmail filter for Outlook 2007, and also my Spamfighter folder which is software I downloaded from http://www.spamfighter.com

Please let m know if anyone else is having issues such as this....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: