eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do you have to use the shipping matrix??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
efxscrapbooking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Do you have to use the shipping matrix?? Reply with quote

I'm new here and I was really confused about the shipping matrix. My items mostly are very light weight and don't cost much to ship them.

I used a flat rate shipping rate that I listed on my listing and asked for people to wait for me to invoice them before they paid for their items. Is that okay???

I did put in a weight on my products under weight based and just put in .01 for the weight.

If i'm not doing this right, I would really appreciate anyone who can walk me through setting it up properly.

Thank you,
Brandy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you have to use the shipping matrix??

NO, you can use the weight base shipping matrix OR a fixed rate shipping charge - IN MOST CASES!
INTERNATIONAL - excluding Canada - you must use the shipping matrix or they will be charged ZERO!

Quote:
I used a flat rate shipping rate that I listed on my listing and asked for people to wait for me to invoice them before they paid for their items. Is that okay???

Most buyer shop online for quick fast easy convenience. Once they place the order they will be promted to select the payment method and to pay you based on the shipping you have entered.
Most are not going to wait for you to invoice them, especially because the system is not set up that way.

Currently your items (the ones I looked at) all show FREE shipping.
IF that is not what you want - put your store on hold to prevent a sale from happening and you losing money or getting a negative feedback.

Just because you state shipping charges in the description won't make them appear on the order. To see what I mean - buy something from yourself - just don't pay yourself and it won't hurt you at all and you will learn how the system works.

WEB STORES DISCOUNTS, SAVINGS, AND SPECIALS!
Add your special savings to buyer here too - just contact me!
efxscrapbooking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. I will take a peek at buying my own product. I saw in another post where you told someone to turn off the international shipping and put in there listing that international customers should email them for a shipping quote.. how do I turn that off?

Thanks again,
Brandy
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to shipping zones and just don't select any international countries - that is turning it off.
efxscrapbooking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big,

You said I could ship either by "weight base shipping matrix OR a fixed rate shipping charge". I only see the weight scale which is in lbs or shipping matrix in lbs. Where would I find the fixed rate shipping option?

Sorry, I'm usually not this blonde! I am really computer savy most other nights.

Brandy
efxscrapbooking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big,

If I turn off the international countries in the shipping matrix, how do I ship internationally then?? Can int'l customers still order from me??

Thanks again for your help,
Brandy
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where would I find the fixed rate shipping option?

When creating the listing --- you enter the weight - no matter what shipping you use and you can select ship by weight - which uses the shipping matrix or you can select fixed shipping which then allows you to enter the amount for US MAINLAND, ALASKA, HAWAII and CANADA
if you do not have the shipping zones set to just those anyone else will be charged ZERO for shipping.

Quote:
If I turn off the international countries in the shipping matrix, how do I ship internationally then?? Can int'l customers still order from me??

NO they can't BUT what I did is I tell them to email me
MOST international buyers are used to that because of the huge difference in shipping charges to different places. I personally get many orders by email because of that.

Hope that helps
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: