eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do you address negative feedback left?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madjackbensmom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: How do you address negative feedback left? Reply with quote

I got a negative today because they thought a book from 1972 was new, not used. It is over 30 years old! The buyer didn't contact me at all, I think the sale with shipping was only around $7 or so.

Can I reply to feedback or address the feedback in any way?

TIA
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
madjackbensmom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is part of the description:

The Train to Timbuctoo * Little Golden Book 1972 Edition Margaret Wise Brown - Here is a lovely Little Golden Book! It's from Golden Press and is Margaret Wise Brown. The pictures are by Art Seiden. It is dated 1972 and is a second printing. See the pictuers for cover wear and there is a tear on the very back pagee -- see the picture. The spine and pages are tight.

I NEVER mention that it is new!
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you were listing the item did you check the box next to "Used products"? If not eCrater automatically enters "brand new product" for product condition (at the top of the page next to the image).

So the customer would see that. And you don't say anything in your description to state otherwise. With books, as long as it has not been read it can be stated to be new. That doesn't mean it is newly published, just the item has not been used (read) at all. So it is possible to confuse the situation. And an item that is that old and in new condition would probably be worth much more than a used item (tough to save stuff in good condition for long durations).

Did you contact the buyer about it? What is the outcome of that?

There is no way to leave a response for the feedback. If the situation is handled and the outcome is to the satisfaction of the customer, you could contact eCrater and ask them to remove it. Explain the situation and what you did to make ammends for it. Based on the situation they do remove some of the negative feedback. But make sure to take care of the situation with the customer first.
madjackbensmom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, I'll contact the buyer and see what we can work out that way.

I checked through my books, and it looks like the boxes ARE checked for USED.

THANKS!
Michele
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who buy Golden books seem to get all excited about finding a title they were looking for and forget to read the description. Long time ago I sold one that was stated as a reprint of a very early book. Don't remember the year. The book I sold was unused but still vintage. Buyer complained that I had misrepresented the book but backed down when emailed the link to the item.

That's why I never delete a sold listing till the buyer has had plenty of time to react one way or another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: