eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google is processing all of your Checkout sales for free !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funcoolcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the answer guys:

The Google Checkout free transaction processing promotion ends on January 31, 2008. After the promotion, merchant accounts will be transitioned back to the standard Checkout fee structure on a rolling basis during the month of February. You can check to see whether your account has been transitioned by signing in to your account and reviewing your orders. Fees will only be charged for transactions that are processed after your account has been transitioned.

http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/topic.py?topic=10090
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well, that's good news, I guess. So the fee-free promotion is unofficially extended at least until your account is switched over by Google...
andreasSecondChanceRomance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that when we get transitioned in that the fees will show up on the Payouts page? Does anyone know?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andreasSecondChanceRomance wrote:
I'm assuming that when we get transitioned in that the fees will show up on the Payouts page? Does anyone know?

It was to show on the order page
Used to have a section above all the authorization stuff but it's gone now
That's what was suppose to happen them take out the fees - as of 2/1/08 BUT so far nothing is being taken out.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the explanation seems to suggest that you won't be charged the fees until your account has been "transitioned". Hopefully that's the case...
manysocks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I was here in December. I pay a fee for my sales. But, I don't mind Very Happy - they are sales.

Google is neat. I would never have tried it without ecrater!
KatEyezCo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: HOW do you ADD Google checkout to Listing?? Reply with quote

How do we add it to our listings?

Thanks,
Katherine
acread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: HOW do you ADD Google checkout to Listing?? Reply with quote

KatEyezCo wrote:
How do we add it to our listings?

Thanks,
Katherine

Please see: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2041
And make sure you also see the following on Cash on Delivery (which is the only payment method you are accepting now. Not a great idea.) http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3756
JEANSJEANS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Google checkout Reply with quote

I am having problems adding GCO to my eCrater listings. I have another site on which I have GCO and keep going around in circles trying to add eCrater.

I will gladly create a new Google Checkout for eCrater....I have a merchant account, etc. for the other site and the Merchant #, etc. for it appears....

I thought I had put GCO on my eCrater account but clicking on it gets the error message...opps, Starchild3 has made a mistake, etc.

Starchild3 is the other site account and I cannot find the form, etc. to either add eCrater or create a new GCO.

Please help.

JeaneBee
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Google checkout Reply with quote

JEANSJEANS wrote:
I am having problems adding GCO to my eCrater listings. I have another site on which I have GCO and keep going around in circles trying to add eCrater.

That is the issue you need to open a separate Google Checkout account for your eCrater store. The API callback thing messes things up.

Quote:
I will gladly create a new Google Checkout for eCrater....I have a merchant account, etc. for the other site and the Merchant #, etc. for it appears....

I thought I had put GCO on my eCrater account but clicking on it gets the error message...opps, Starchild3 has made a mistake, etc.

Starchild3 is the other site account and I cannot find the form, etc. to either add eCrater or create a new GCO.

Please help.

JeaneBee

When you are at the login page click on "sign up now" button (blue one below the login). Enter new info. I haven't tried this myself you might want to use a different email account or try opening a different Google Account after you logoff of the one you have. Then sign up for Google Checkout. Either way should work, but I'm not too certain of the outcome of the first one.

To see the things to check for the Ooops message please see: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2041&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
JEANSJEANS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are at the login page click on "sign up now" button (blue one below the login). Enter new info. I haven't tried this myself you might want to use a different email account or try opening a different Google Account after you logoff of the one you have. Then sign up for Google Checkout. Either way should work, but I'm not too certain of the outcome of the first one.

I tried this and breezed right along until it asked for the store name...JeansJeans must be in google checkout somewhere because it couldn't be entered again.

In looking at one of the payment options, I notice that I did not have a merchant account or Merchant key for eCrater listed. Or it doesn't show on my payment option page. Where do I get that?

My auctions show the little cart but since I can't click on it myself, I don't know if it works or not.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store currently does NOT show google checkout.
If you use Google Checkout on a different site - you must sign up for another google account - using a different email address.

PLEASE see Solutions to Common Questions -GOOGLE CHECKOUT

Quote:
My auctions show the little cart but since I can't click on it myself, I don't know if it works or not.

Auctions??
Why can't you click them yourself?
acread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEANSJEANS wrote:

I tried this and breezed right along until it asked for the store name...JeansJeans must be in google checkout somewhere because it couldn't be entered again.

Umm, maybe one of your other sites? Named JeansJeans with the Google Checkout account. Did you try something like JeansJeansII?
Quote:
In looking at one of the payment options, I notice that I did not have a merchant account or Merchant key for eCrater listed. Or it doesn't show on my payment option page. Where do I get that?

The Merchant ID and key you get from your Google Checkout account (Settings-->Integration page). After you verified your bank account info.

Quote:

If it shows it will work until the page for Google Checkout login. Since you haven't entered the Merchant ID and Key Google Checkout won't know how to connect the buyer to you. And on that page there will be a message saying "Oooops ..." Can't remember the exact wording.

As it is you do not have the small square next to Google Checkout checked in your Payment Options so the Google Checkout logo on the product page and the button on the checkout don't show. But when you do you can click on the button to see. Just don't login to Google Checkout to pay stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: