eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

System status: Issue with the hidden products (fixed)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AustintatiousOfferings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But unless the customer was able to actually put an order when the "buy now" button was disabled, I don't think it is a huge deal.

For those of us who purvey very hard to find items, it IS a big deal. We get inquiries daily on a few pieces that have sold out and are still in the ecrater system as hidden. I see that some of our items have been viewed many times, most likely from search engine results.

Shouldn't the techies be looking for a way to have these out of stock 'hidden' items completely blocked from viewing? I'm not talking about things that 'just' sold out, I'm talking about items that sold out last month or perhaps the month prior. The description is hidden, as opposed to deleted, for instant re-listing when we get the item in stock again.

There has to be a better way.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=12191

As you see that feature got added recently. I doubt it will get removed. Since Dimitar is busy with the Google Base thing at the moment any change (if any) probably won't get made soon. Still you can put it up at the Suggestions section. That part gets read regularly by eCrater.

You can always copy the content of the hidden items into a word document and save and delete your listings. This way people won't be bombarding you with questions. Then when you have the item to list just copy them back into a new listing.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For those of us who purvey very hard to find items, it IS a big deal. We get inquiries daily on a few pieces that have sold out and are still in the ecrater system as hidden. I see that some of our items have been viewed many times, most likely from search engine results.

Shouldn't the techies be looking for a way to have these out of stock 'hidden' items completely blocked from viewing?

Why not DELETE them?
FYI -- ecrater.com doesn't have any techies. There's the owner and a couple of customer service employees.
REMEBER it's a FREE site - they don't ahve a staff for everything.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upside is that sold items may continue to bring visitors in. It would be much better, of course, if there was a much more obvious, immediate indicator that the item isn't actually available. That way the shopper knows up front and can decide what to do from there without feeling tricked or something.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that you can always put an image file that says "Sold out" on it and upload it as a photo and make it "default". So it will appear as the fist pic and the customers will see it.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I gave up on manually adding "Sold" images some time ago. Far too time consuming, I'm afraid...
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is write a sentence in the first line of description that includes the date.
Example:
This item has sold, 1/21! Please browse through the other great patterns in my store at:
www.lastade-ecrater.com

My store items are usually items that people intentially search for because they are looking for a specific pattern. When they find a hidden item through a search, they usually take the time to see what else I have.

Every few days, I delete the items that sold 2 weeks ago or I might decide keep them hidden if I feel I might use that listing again, without the "This item has sold" sentence. I also might keep the listing on hold if I see it is getting a lot of hits.

For someone who has more listings than mine, this might be a lot of work.
I like having my on hold items visible because it is one more way to get people to my store.
GuadalupeForgeWroughtIron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I do is write a sentence in the first line of description that includes the date.
Example:
This item has sold, 1/21! Please browse through the other great patterns in my store at:
www.lastade-ecrater.com
Good idea to include the date that the item sold (never thought of that!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: