eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Drive more traffic to your eCRATER store
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Drive more traffic to your eCRATER store Reply with quote

1) Make sure you accept Google Checkout.
If you still don't have Google Checkout account you can learn more or sign up now.

2) Don't forget to enter https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php in the "API callback URL" field after you sign in with your Google Checkout account (Click on Settings -> Integration). Make sure the XML radio button is selected as Callback Method.

3) Make Google Checkout badge to appear next to your Google Products Listings
- Click on the Setting tabs
- Fill out your eCRATER store's URL in the field "Public business website"

4) Maintain a good eCRATER feedback
Your eCRATER feedback reviews now appear on Google Products. Maintaining a good feedback is an important indication for the buyers that you are a reliable seller.

If you complete these 4 steps your store will appear in Google Products in a similar way as thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat's store appears.

http://www.google.com/products?q=thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat&btnG=Search+Products&hl=en&show=dd

Please note that it takes time for your checkout badge and your eCRATER ratings to appear next to your Google Products listings. We cannot estimate how much time the process will take.

Last edited by ecrater on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4) Maintain a good eCRATER feedback
Your eCRATER feedback now appears on Google Products. Maintaining a good feedback is important indication for the buyers that you are a reliable seller.

Whoa! But also, yikes. What about all those unrated transactions because they were paid for by MO or check?

That used to show Google Checkout ratings instead, didn't it?
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Whoa! But also, yikes. What about all those unrated transactions because they were paid for by MO or check?

On eCRATER feedback can be left only from buyers who paid with Google Checkout or Paypal. Please also note that Google is calculating its own feedback score based on the eCRATER feedback's reviews.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:

Take a good look it shows both Google Checkout and eCrater feedback.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please also note that Google is calculating its own feedback score based on the eCRATER feedback's reviews.

I thought the 5 star system was a rating given to Google by the customer for each transaction? Are you saying that Google is taking our eCrater feedback and translating it into a star rating? So 100% at eCrater equals 5 stars at Google Products?

Something else that's a little odd -- it only shows as much eCrater feedback as there are Google ratings. In other words, I've got 78 ratings through Google so 78 feedback comments show (although I've actually got more feedback than that at eCrater). It shows the 78 most recent.

I'm not a big feedback fan to begin with so bear that in mind. Apart from that the new set-up at Products looks awesome, I'm really happy about it.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Quote:
Please also note that Google is calculating its own feedback score based on the eCRATER feedback's reviews.

I thought the 5 star system was a rating given to Google by the customer for each transaction? Are you saying that Google is taking our eCrater feedback and translating it into a star rating? So 100% at eCrater equals 5 stars at Google Products?

As far as I can tell if your eCrater feedback is positive it is 5 star. if it is neutral it is 3 and if it is negative it is 1 star.

Quote:
Something else that's a little odd -- it only shows as much eCrater feedback as there are Google ratings. In other words, I've got 78 ratings through Google so 78 feedback comments show (although I've actually got more feedback than that at eCrater). It shows the 78 most recent.

The people who pay with Google Checkout can leave a feedback at eCrater store and another one at Google Checkout. Maybe Google just posts one or the other but not twice. I haven't looked at it too much to say for sure.

Yours right now is only showing the eCrater ones. I don't know what stage of updating your site is at. But that might very well change later.

Not all the feedback show both for Google Checkout and eCrater. I don't know if they have a way of selecting them or as I said they are not repeating the comments from one purchase.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The people who pay with Google Checkout can leave a feedback at eCrater store and another one at Google Checkout. Maybe Google just posts one or the other but not twice. I haven't looked at it too much to say for sure.

Mine ONLY shows ecrater feedback.
I haven't had a google feedback left since November
so I assumed GC no longer ask for it -
NONE of my Google Checkout feedback is showing on any of my stores.

AT LEAST on Google Checkout feedback you could reply and explain your side on neuturals and negs.
Neutrals like - did not ship to the address that I asked the CHRISTMAS PRESENT be sent to.
No place to comment to it -- like they supplied only the payment address.
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is showing both: http://www.google.com/products/reviews?fq=acread&cid=ec57bdc8f42e0074&sort=1&cat=merchants

And I got a feedback at Google Checkout this month (same customer also left one at eCrater), so I'm not sure why you aren't getting any there. Maybe your customers thought it was enough to leave one.

I usually don't respond to feedback.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, thanks for posting your link, AC. I assumed what I did because mine is showing only 78 feedback comments/stars when I've got much more actually at eCrater. I didn't look through each page so it could be that there's some Google feedback mixed in, who knows.

Also, I notice that my third most recent feedback at Google is actually the sixth most recent at eCrater. Maybe they only take a sampling or something.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to use Adwords to have your items appear with the Google Checkout badge in Google Shopping?

Looking at that link provided, it would seem not, but that store does respond when you click on the "google checkout" box at the top of the page. It doesn't when I do the same to our items. Question

By the way, THANK YOU for fixing our Google Base feed! Our hits are improving already.

Denny Crane
DC Collectibles
www.dccollectibles.ecrater.com

P.S. We are now showing feedback, but it's neutral and really not related to our service. (He doesn't like Google Checkout or Paypal and chose to say so). Should we petition to have it removed, or will this kind of feedback not affect our overall sales?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you have to use Adwords to have your items appear with the Google Checkout badge in Google Shopping?

NOPE you do have to accept Google Checkout.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do accept GCO, but our badges aren't showing. A search turned up others were having the same problem in November/December. I never checked before because our sales were slowly adding up. Is this still a problem for others, and if not, how can I go about fixing the problem for our store? How long does it take for this to be updated?
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
We do accept GCO, but our badges aren't showing. A search turned up others were having the same problem in November/December. I never checked before because our sales were slowly adding up. Is this still a problem for others, and if not, how can I go about fixing the problem for our store? How long does it take for this to be updated?

Did you read the note in the first post on this topic. They don't know exactly how long. I don't know either. Give it time. It will all appear. Google Product Search (Google Shopping) is updating their site. They are pretty slow about it. It will appear.

There is nothing wrong with your site or any other. It's just the speed Google works at.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the post, but I also found this post over at Google stating that you have to have an active Adwords account which seems to conflict:

http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42896

Adding to the confusion, at the top of the link, Google seems to separate the badges into two camps - Adwords and Checkout. But by saying you have to have one before you can have the other, this just doesn't make sense.

I understand what you're saying. I'm actually a pretty patient person, and I know how to wait. But the wording Google has chosen invites all these questions, and it really needs to be clearly explained to all. If there's a problem we as sellers need to address with Google Checkout, we should know about it. Otherwise we can wait forever for Google to fix something that is our problem in the first place.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her is the short version. Before December all the product info on eCrater was being fed to Google Base under the same name (eCrater). And since not every store at eCrater was not offering Google Checkout the bad would not appear for any product (no way to separate the stores back then). Now that eCrater is feeding the stores separately with their individual names it is possible to do that. However as I said it takes a bit long to update Google Product Search. So this is the initial transfer where most delay might be seen.

That stuff you are showing has nothing to do with this case. Your badge will show (if you entered your Business url in Google Checkout Settings page). It is just going to take some time.

In short it is not broke. It is not because of adwords. It is still early to see the badges. My update it towards the early- mid stage of the updating. My badge is not appearing yet. You gotta give it a week or two at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: