eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How much money can you make selling on-line?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
normasbathandbody

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

all I can say is that anything is possible Laughing
~Norma
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
imprintedbeads

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: My online sales are going up up up Reply with quote

My sales on line went up 300% from July to August, and I am on track to do better this month.

I am adding merchandise on ecrater in hopes of selling even more.

I project sales of $1,000 a month for the rest of the year which would be another 250% increase.

I create my own products which is a 3 day process plus then I pay people to bead.
bargain-shore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: How much can you make selling online Reply with quote

I think the income online or anywhere else depends on What You Sell, Where You Sell, and How You Promote What You Sell. I don't have a job. I hurt my back and have this terrible pain. On the GreedyBay most of my income went to pay for the fees. Hopefully, I will make sales this month - enough to pay for the rent and food. Sad
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: how much do you make selling online Reply with quote

Well, I will never get rich. I started on eBay as a hobby and now sell on about 4 sites. I don't make a lot but I sure do meet some wonderful people! It is more of a hobby with me. June
wholesalebottlesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with June. I will never get rich but, if I can just earn enough to pay 1 bill a month I'll be happy. This is more of a hobby for me too. I enjoy selling as I have a couple stores and selling on a couple of sites. As I'll be starting nursing school in Jan. this is just to supplement my income for now. Once I graduate I'm not sure I'll have time but, it's fun. Happy Holidays everyone.
NoraJeansTreasuresII

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Making Money online Reply with quote

I make some..it may not seem like it because I don't carry a huge inventory. I try to make about 2-300.00 per month normally but I have been swamped with work from my job so I have to update and add products in between. I also sell on Feebay and I have my own website and I also sell out of our local antique store. I did really well last year but when the economy took a downturn of course my business took a downturn also. Last year I made over $6,000.00 so that wasn't too bad. I am waiting to see if a new development works out. The antique store is supposed to start having auctions. If they do, I know I will make money. So I am looking forward to 2009 to see what is going to happen. I like selling online and when I retire I hope I will be able to do it full time.

http://NoraJeansTreasuresII.ecrater.com/
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you reap what you sow. And sowing takes a lot of time and energy. But my sales this year are better than last year, even in this economy. NOTHING that I sell is a necessity, unless it is the silver polish if you have a lot of silver....
I also think that the more sites that you sell on, the better. You are reaching a different audience at each site. I now have 4, 3 that I promote. But keeping up with 4 sites is a lot of work!
I have an eBay store, but I do not promote it because of all of the final value fees. I had rather make my sales on the other sites. But I sell too much there to justify closing the store. I rarely have auctions, though, because I was having to give my things away, and I am not willing to do that.
Here is hoping that 2009 will be better for all of us on eCrater and for the business community as a whole!
Alice Sisk, Something Old

http://www.somethingold.ecrater.com
elatelifestyles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: I'm Proud of you all! Reply with quote

I find reading your posts so inspirational. I will definately try hard at making sales online work for me. Keep up the good work everyone.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised but I have been doing pretty well for the last few months. Not as good this month but it is still young. What I don't understand is I'm selling non-essentials which I thought would probably not sell. My clothing, my books, etc. hardly any. Weird. I guess you just have to be selling what the person wants at that particular moment.
cathytrott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for a better year in 2009.
I agree that it takes a bunch of work.
I also agree that you meet a lot of great people on line Smile
peachstategal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right that sales of non-essentials like jewelry and knick-knacks will suffer before sales of clothing and all the promotion in the world is not going to change that when buying frills means not paying school fees or electric.

I agree with that statement. I know about 3 ladies who sell clothing, purses, and shoes on the bay site. They get most of their items at the nearby thrift store that just happens to receive a lot of high end donations. These folks are making lots of sales.

Yesterday, I had two Lalique swans end in an auction there and they only brought about half of what I had expected to get. People are not buying the collectibles that would have gone like hot cakes a year ago.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I manage 22 online stores.
My NOVELTY items like dogtags, earrings, etc have been doing MUCH MUCH better then my clothing stores.

If you got what someone wants at a price they are willing to pay
then you got a sale!
theswordguys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

making money online takes work. That's what eveybody seems to be saying, and I think if you don't agree then your probably not thinking straight if you could start a store, do nothing else and pull in a million a year everybody and their mother would have a store, but even though it's true that making money online isn't the easiest thing ever I think most people that get into it are secretly hoping to be the next buy.com, or such..I'll admit that I had hopes of grandeur that I probably will never reach, but I think I like where I'm at anyway.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the many stores I also have.... I am able to stay home. I am separated so minus child support... I pay the bills. Am I rich? No...
Do I love what I do? Yes....
I am on this computer.... shipping & making orders from 7am (or 9 if I sleep in) till midnight or 1 am 7 days a week. With breaks only to cook dinner or run errands. Is it easy? NO! But you won't catch me working for anyone else unless all technology goes cuput & then I doubt there would be any jobs LOL.

For Christmas I got 3 "business outfits"..... New Jammies Razz
GuadalupeForgeWroughtIron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For Christmas I got 3 "business outfits"..... New Jammies
Wonder if we could write off jammies as work related clothing? Wink

After selling things for many years through our brick-and-mortar shop, leased spaces in antique malls, art shows, and online...I am convinced there's no way to sell that isn't a lot of work. (If there is, I can't find it.) But, out of all those venues, our online efforts have the lowest overhead cost by far. That makes a huge difference in our ability to make (and keep!) money. Handling lots of money is fine, but having some stay in your pocket at the end of the day is much better. Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: