eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FROMMINETOYOURS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: HELP!! Reply with quote

OHK I HAVE SOOO MANY QUESTIONS. NO. 1 IS THE WEIGHT SCALES. WHAT IF I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MY PRODUCTS WEIGH? NO 2. THE SHIPPING MATRIX. I DONT GET THAT.ALSO HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE PAY PAL OR NOT? I SIGNED UP FOR THE PAY PAL ACCOUNT.IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME WITH THIS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. ALSO IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE I NEED HELP ON PLEASE DO ADD THOSE COMMENTS.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First - typing in all caps = yelling
not to mention hard to read

#1 - you need a scale!

#2 - I don't get it either.

#3 - studies show online shoppers prefer flat rate shipping. They don't like calculates or ranges.
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, flat rate shipping is the way to go!
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like flat rate also. as a buyer the first thing I do is look at the freight it is part of the cost of the item. Easier for the seller also
FROMMINETOYOURS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Sorry for writing in all caps. What would be a good rate? And also when I add a new product it asks me the weight what if i dont know? A scale wont help, because I dont have the product in my hands. Another thing is what is my address so I can give it out my family.
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROMMINETOYOURS

Quote:

A scale wont help, because I dont have the product in my hands.

You do not know the weight of the items you are selling?
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Flat Rate all you need to do is put a 1 in the spot for weight, you don't need it because no matter what the weight is your using a flat rate.

And here is your web address:
http://www.fromminetoyours.ecrater.com/
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then once you know the weight check out some websites for shipping costs then you will be better able to set the cost of the freight.

UPS: http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US&WT.svl=SubNav

United States Postal Seervice: http://www.usps.com

Of course there is also DHL and Federal Express.

I use priority mail when I can since I can track the packages and use their envelopes and boxes (a cost savings). I find the new flat rate boxes effective for some of my things.
wishbonesstones

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Shipping Reply with quote

Hello. I am also new to ecrater and so far I am loving it. I too have questions with the shipping set up. I was going to use the flat rate as well, but I don't see where I am to enter this information so my customers will know what it is. HELP.
Also, is it correct that I am to charge sales tax ONLY for the state that I reside in? Please advise.
Thanks so much for your help.
wishbonesstones

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: I think I got it Reply with quote

For posting a flat rate shipping fee, would you go into the weight matrix section and put the fee in the column marked 1 for the areas that you have agreed to ship to? please advise.
thank you.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I got it Reply with quote

wishbonesstones wrote:
For posting a flat rate shipping fee, would you go into the weight matrix section and put the fee in the column marked 1 for the areas that you have agreed to ship to? please advise.
thank you.

NO for flat rate you when you ADD PRODUCT and you fill in your ad at the bottom click on Fixed shipping to and then put in the charges
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, is it correct that I am to charge sales tax ONLY for the state that I reside in?

That depends on the state you are in and what the rules and laws are for your state. Contact your state office that issued you your tax certificate.

I believe TX and OH both claim you must collect sales tax no matter where you ship it to. Not sure if there are other states that do that. CONTACT your state office. Why risk it hearing from someone on the net? The FINES are HUGE!
wishbonesstones

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
Also, is it correct that I am to charge sales tax ONLY for the state that I reside in?

That depends on the state you are in and what the rules and laws are for your state. Contact your state office that issued you your tax certificate.

I believe TX and OH both claim you must collect sales tax no matter where you ship it to. Not sure if there are other states that do that. CONTACT your state office. Why risk it hearing from someone on the net? The FINES are HUGE!

Thx so much for your help. You seem to know this site information very well. thanks again
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishbonesstones wrote:

Thx so much for your help. You seem to know this site information very well. thanks again

LOL, yeah I been on ecrater.com for over a year now. I have ... hhmmm I think 5 stores here, lol. I have been selling online for over 7 years.

My theory is the more sllers, the more buyers, so it pays to help everyone out!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: