eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ups shipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilystreasures4u

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: ups shipping Reply with quote

i have an ecrater store, i want to use ups shipping calculations thru paypal. for instance.....flat rate for items under 30.00 and a percentage of total order for orders over 30.00. i have ecrater flat rate set and on paypal i have ups ship[ping enabled as well as on ecrater. but when ordering it still gives me flat rate instead of persecntage of total order...can anyone help?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no simple setting for shipping to calculate percentage of price. especially if you want to apply free shipping below a certain value. I'm going to think about this for a bit if I can come up with something I will post on the following topic. If not again I will give a definitive answer.
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=10017
Lilystreasures4u

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: ups shipping Reply with quote

thank you for your input, i was told that i have to use weight based shipping. i have a huge amount of products and dont know all the weights on them...this could turninto a real job.....thank you agian
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the wisdom of charging a customer by percentage of the total sale. Since the post office or ups is going to char you postage by weight and size of the item, charging the customer by percentage of price can be grossly wrong. You could under charge and will need to make up from your own pocket.

Weighing the stuff is always a good idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: