eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can you stop someone from ordering an item? I need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collectiblehistory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Can you stop someone from ordering an item? I need help Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I received an order fro an item on my site. The person who ordered it did not submit a payment, correct address, name or email address.

I did a check on the IP address and it showed it was from India. The person who made the order stated their location was in Nebraska.

Can I block someone from ordering an item on my ecrater site by blocking their email address? How can you stop someone from making false orders?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You & Happy Sales
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
skincareideas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't block buyer from placing orders. Just ignore and delete it. Some just like to test the shopping cart. It is part and parcel of online retail.
topupwireless

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been having the same problem its annoying but there's nothing you can really do about it.

Contact ecrater and explain whats going on and see if they can block there
IP address.
collectiblehistory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.. as always, Ecrater members are so wonderful and helpful. : )
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't try to block potential buyers unless they are harassing you. Items aren't sold till they are paid. People may be testing the site, wavering, etc. They may be timid about buying on line.

If you ban everyone who causes you a moment's trouble, you are shutting the door on potential buyers not only for your store, but if you ask ecrater to ban them, you may also be blocking sales for the rest of us.

As for the India/Nebraska thing--if I step outside my door I will trip over a dozen families who also have addresses in India, Pakistan, Hong Kong, Beijing, Korea, Japan, and more. I have addresses in two countries. The world has no boundaries any more. Think of all the people you might be blocking: new immigrants, corporate transfers, international students, people on extended vacations.

Don't jump to conclusions until a buyer asks you to do something suspicious or suggests a funny payment, etc.
collectiblehistory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your view on the subject.. I hadn't thought of it like that until I read your post .. Happy Sales Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topupwireless wrote:
Hello,

I've been having the same problem its annoying but there's nothing you can really do about it.

Contact ecrater and explain whats going on and see if they can block there
IP address.

hhhmmmm I for one don't want IP address banned from shopping my store.
wearitagainsam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto BT

I don't want to lose one potential customer. You just have to be aware of your sales. As was stated earlier pay attention to what they are asking you to do. If they want you to wire money some where or if they say they have someone else to ship it through well those are most likely scammers. But as was stated many people test the item out, or they change their mind after placing the order and never finish with payment. Its just part of doing business. Send them an email asking if they are still interested in the item, and if not you would like to return it to inventory. I have made alot of sales that way by taking the extra step and communicating with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: