eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A Real Autograph or Signature?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: A Real Autograph or Signature? Reply with quote

I know there is a seller on eCrater who specializes in autographs but I didnt kept a link to his store so cant find it when needed. Crying or Very sad
Does anyone have a link to a site that will certify a signature on a book or a photo is actually hand signed?

joyce
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jwautographs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Could I be the one you are looking for?

Joe Wasson Autographs
Buytime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A Real Autograph or Signature? Reply with quote

YourRainyDayBookStore wrote:
I know there is a seller on eCrater who specializes in autographs but I didnt kept a link to his store so cant find it when needed. Crying or Very sad
Does anyone have a link to a site that will certify a signature on a book or a photo is actually hand signed?

joyce

Is it a Sports star?
If so and you need something Authenticated try PSA
jwautographs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSA is NOT a good place to have your autograph authenticated. Very over-rated service with an extremely spotty record compared to other services. In fact, the UACC and no other autograph collecting organization even recognizes PSA certification anymore.

Richard Simon is an excellent choice for sport figure authentication.

http://about-autograph-collecting.com/
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwautographs wrote:
Hello, Could I be the one you are looking for?
Joe Wasson Autographs
Hello Joe, I am so glad that you saw this post. Very Happy I have two items that I would like to have checked in order to make sure they are genuine signatures. One is a book author (C. S. Lewis) and the other a movie star (Robert Taylor). Do you know of any online site that has a service for this purpose?

Buytime wrote:
Is it a Sports star? If so and you need something Authenticated try PSA
What does PSA stand for? Confused Do you have the address? I do have some minor league baseballs that have team signatures but no dates. Most of the signatures are hard to read but perhaps someone would be interested.

Thanks for the information,

joyce
jwautographs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Joyce.

Quote:
What does PSA stand for?

Here's the answer!

Quote:
Breaking News:
November 2, 2006

PSA/DNA
What Does This Stand For?
Let The Truth Be Known From The Horses Mouth!

Everyone knows this company has had sand kicked in its face for the last few years because so many of the mistakes they have made authenticating autographs have been publicly divulged.

Very few in our hobby are aware of what PSA/DNA really stands for. When we asked several noted persons in the sports autograph collecting field what they thought it meant most had a hard time getting past what they thought even the P stands for.

www.autographalert.com thought to investigate this matter and have discovered the true meaning of PSA/DNA. In the Superior Court of the State of California For the County of Orange, case number 04CC08657, a Deposition was held on Friday, December 10, 2004 at 11:08 A.M.

Michael Haynes, the witness appeared at 695 Town Center Drive, 14th floor, Cosa Mesa, California before Alice Sibigtroth who recorded the Deposition. Counsel present for Mr. Haynes was Keith Attlesey.

During this Deposition Mr. Hayes was asked about the position he held with the parent company of PSA/DNA. The question was : And what is your position with Collectors Universe....

Answer: Chief Executive Officer...

Another question asked was if there were any other operating divisions within Collectors Universe and Mr. Haynes responded by giving three names including PSA/DNA Authentication Services.

The next question was: What does PSA/DNA stand for?

Mr. Haynes response: Well, PSA I mean, it doesnt stand for anything.

Next question: So the initials dont in other words, they are not initials or some words?

Mr. Haynes: No.

Question: And DNA, does that stand for anything?

Mr. Haynes: No.

Enough said!

To find more interesting and informative articles about autograph collecting visit this site.

http://www.autographalert.com/news.html

You asked

Quote:
Do you know of any online site that has a service for this purpose?

First , there is NO ABSOLUTE method to authenticating an autograph simply by viewing it online. Experienced dealers and collectors can spot bad autographs but still have to examine it in person to validate the signature.

There is a licensed authenticator who will give you a very good quick opinion of the possibility of authenticity for a reasonable fee. Keep in mind that is just a very good guessimate.

http://www.williamtell.us/

If you want a full and complete authentication I would recommend the following sites which require you to send the items to them for a complete evalution with a Certificate of Authenticity issues if they pass.

Professional Autograph Authentication Services(for non-sports)
http://paasaa.com/

Richard Simon Sports(for athletes)
http://about-autograph-collecting.com/

Sorry for being so long-winded but I'm trying to give you a complete answer to your questions.

Thanks for asking!

Joe Wasson Autographs
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, I thank you very much for taking the time to give me the information on the background of PSA. I found the link extremely interesting and it will be saved for later in depth reading!

I do want the in person authentication of the signatures so appreciate the names you provided.

Thank you again for your help, Very Happy

joyce
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: