eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NEW Google Checkout Rates --
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: NEW Google Checkout Rates -- Reply with quote

Hello,

We're writing to let you know that on May 5, 2009, Google Checkout's transaction processing fees will be changing. We'll be transitioning from our 2.0% + $0.20 per transaction rate to a new tiered fee structure, where the rates will vary depending on the dollar amount of your monthly sales processed through Checkout.
The rate you'll be charged beginning on May 5, 2009 will be based on your sales processed through Checkout during the month of April 2009. Each month thereafter, we'll continue to use the prior month's sales volume to determine your transaction processing rate. For more details about the new rates, please visit http://checkout.google.com/seller/fees.html

We'll also be discontinuing the AdWords free transaction processing promotion on May 5, 2009. Any AdWords transaction processing credits accrued during April 2009 will be applied towards transactions that occur on May 1-4, 2009.

Fees are the same for all payment types (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) and there are still no monthly, setup, or gateway fees. For cross-border transactions, there will be an additional 1% fee assessed per transaction. To learn more about Google Checkout fees, please visit http://checkout.google.com/seller/fees.html

Google is committed to the continued growth and development of Checkout and to helping merchants increase sales by driving more leads and higher conversions. Advertisers who use Checkout have the opportunity to display the Checkout badge on their ads, which has proven to be an effective way to differentiate ads and attract user interest. Checkout users click on ads 10% more when the ad displays the Checkout badge and convert 40% more than shoppers who have not used Checkout in the past.

For more information about this change and how it affects the product, please read our post on The Official Google Checkout
Blog: http://googlecheckout.blogspot.com/2009/03/google-checkout-fees-in-2009.html

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center at
http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?answer=134473
Thank you for using Google Checkout.

Sincerely,
The Google Checkout Team

Copyright 2009. Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043.

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Checkout account.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this. I'm actually amazed they waited a whole year before charging what the competition does.
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup their going up almost to Paypal's rates

Beginning on May 5, 2009, transaction processing rates will be determined by your sales volume during April 2009. Each month thereafter, we'll continue to use the prior month's sales volume to determine your transaction processing rate. Learn more
Monthly Sales Through Google Checkout Fees Per Transaction

Less than $3,000 = 2.9% + $0.30
$3,000 - $9,999.99 = 2.5% + $0.30
$10,000 - $99,999.99 = 2.2% + $0.30
$100,000 or more = 1.9% + $0.30

An additional 1% fee will be assessed on transactions where the merchant's country is different from the buyer's billing country. With 10 days notice, we may also charge higher transaction processing fees to merchants that incur excessive chargebacks or otherwise pose financial risk to Checkout.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really sucks about a tiered pricing on GC is the fact that if you sell on different sites you need a different account.
Not to mention the fact that if you have different stores that you don't want to be related you need different accounts.
Therefore, you have a bunch of GC accounts and therefore the total of all accoutns is not looked at as one account.

At least with PP I can have up to 10 stores on one PayPal account!
More if I use the same email address, lol
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: How will they charge for multiple eCRATER stores? Reply with quote

How does this work if you have more than one eCRATER store, and all are on the same Google Checkout account? Will Google Checkout add all the sales together to determine your charge, or will each store be charged a rate based upon the individual store sales, or will they take the lowest store total, or the highest store total?

What do you think, BigTall?

THanks for the help!

VintageMoonbeams
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How does this work if you have more than one eCRATER store, and all are on the same Google Checkout account?

IF you have just ONE google account - that's what google will base it on.

My problem is I have several google accounts - as I have several different businesses, different LLC, sell on different sites. SO Since GC as no way to combine them - I'm screwed into paying the higher rates.
On PP I can combine up to 10 different emails into one PP account.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when I thought that Google checkout was the best there is, they go and pull a dirty, rotten stunt like that. In case you can't tell, I am not a happy camper right now.

Can ecrater step up to the plate and go to bat for us?
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BigTall. I understand - my 3 stores on one account will all be added together for the monthly sales total. That is not such a good deal for sellers that have separate accounts that can't be combined to figure the sales total. Maybe Google Checkout needs to be made aware of this - looks like they would have a way to combine the accounts by the same owner, or something.

Have a great day!

VintageMoonbeams
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

LOL
That's like saying Will you local mall contact your credit card bank as request local fees.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe Google Checkout needs to be made aware of this - looks like they would have a way to combine the accounts by the same owner, or something.

It's been requested since the day GC started.
WHO would know better then Google that most online stores - operate more then one store. Google know more about you then the IRS does!
It's in their (Google's) best interest NOT to combine things - they make more money.
fittingsandthings

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just removed Google checkout from my eCrater store. I really do not see a need for it now.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, BigTall, you are right. They do make more money the way it is.

Any rate increase is not pleasant for the sellers, but it could have been worse, and I am glad that we do have this payment option available to provide a payment service for our customers.

As individual sellers, we will all need to consider how (or if) we will pass this rate increase on to our buyers.

VintageMoonbeams
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to continue with Google Checkout, and the majority of my customers use it over PayPal. I will offer both, as I want to get paid however the buyer wants to pay me (the old "I'll take it however I can get it" - LOL).

I also read that there are some advantages in Google's search to having Google Checkout. I don't understand all of that, but anything that gives the slightest advantage to me to allow someone finding my store is a good thing.

Maybe someone else can fill us in on those Google search advantages?

VintageMoonbeams
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't jump off the Google Checkout band wagon just yet.... after all they are the same or less then PayPal.
AND
whether or not you accept GC comes into play regarding your ranking within google shopping search and soon it will have an efect on the search within ecrater.com as mentioned in this topic - http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=16123&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 see long post from 3finedesign
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:

LOL
That's like saying Will you local mall contact your credit card bank as request local fees.

Google checkout is one of the reasons that many of us came to ecrater.

I just now made PayPal an option for payment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: