eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NEW Google Checkout Rates --
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

called "cost of doing biz"
I will take as many payment options as possible.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with the tiered rates .. not even the increase.

I just hope (although it won't happen) Google will do it by OWNER not BY account. Then I can qualify for lower rates -- by store -- no way.
DiabeticSocks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Price Increases in a deflatiionary economy? Reply with quote

"What really sucks about a tiered pricing on GC is the fact that if you sell on different sites you need a different account. " Yes, Big/Tall I agree.
If I had to guess I would say that is by account and not owner and that really is a problem.

I thought we were in "deflationary" times right now. What is with the price increases?

People can't raise prices in a deflationary economy!

Jeesh!
ballroomjewelry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* It just seems that everything is going up. I would have taken this news in stride, but with all of the inflation, credit crunch crisis, etc... it just makes things seem that little bit more overwhelming.

At the end of last year my credit card slashed my credit limit, for no reason. This is important, as it caps my spending when charging supplies.

In January the cost of postage went up. Again.

In February the price of Swarovski went up. Again. (This sucks for me because all of my pieces us a LOT of Swarovski.)

Now it's March and Google has gone up to nearly PayPal rates.

I want to hear some good news for business. Where is the good news for me? I sure do need some. Sad
NuthinbutSTUFF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with the majority of posts. Unless Google starts to exceed PayPal in fees, or Paypal increases fees and Google follows at pace, I really can't have any quams. The most that can come of this is having to raise sales pricing to match fees (ooh, that sounds too familiar... sorry).

I also had to laugh at my own ignorance as I though Swarovski was a brand of Vodka.... whew! I thought maybe some of my pieces could use some too Laughing (yes, I did look to see that it is Crystal Smile )
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend to keep offering it simply on the principal that I really detest Paypal in many ways (yes, I offer that too) but after they locked my account last year for absolutely no good reason and demanded all kinds of personal and confidental info before they would even consider reopening it (even though we've had it for 8 years), I was extremely angered. It had $1000 in it and couldn't even close it out. I received a payment and they instantly locked it and informed me that it was "suspicious activity" but wouldn't tell me what. They they proceeded to grill me about what exactly I was selling and if I was shipping in a timely manner, etc. and demanding social numbers, etc. It was unreal.

I do offer incentives on my own website for using Google or checks/ money orders. I have also had many customers who have had similar problems with PP and have closed their accounts tell me that they will be using Google checkout instead. So I'll continue to offer it, but again, I think raising their rates while PP is still top dog is a dumb decision on their part.
kawaiibobo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will continue to offer both PayPal and Google Checkout because my sales have gone up ever since I signed up for Google Checkout.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ballroomjewelry wrote:

At the end of last year my credit card slashed my credit limit, for no reason. This is important, as it caps my spending when charging supplies.

I heard a discussion about this recently. If you carry a balance or have a low income and high credit limit, CC companies are cutting credit limits so that if you default or declare bankruptcy they are not out so much.

They are punishing users for the CC cos. greed in offering us so much credit in the first place.
fittingsandthings

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babesntoyland wrote:
I think raising their rates while PP is still top dog is a dumb decision on their part.

Agreed!
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an international seller and almost all my sales are processed throught Google Checkout as I not accept paypal and I still gain orders from my 20 ecrater stores each and every day. All my stores are on one GC account so are added together for discounts or reduced rates.

Things to remember Exclamation

Google Checkout charges are still lower than paypal.

If there were no GC, which is the only real option to paypal. How much would paypal be trying to charge you?

The vast number of sales processed through GC and the thought of of the loss of more, is what keeps paypals charges in check.

Google Checkout for most of us is the best thing that has happend in recent years for us to be able to take Credit and Debit Card payments.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine wrote:

They are not. Isn't that the whole discussion on this topic. The rates just caught up to PayPal's.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vast number of sales processed through GC and the thought of of the loss of more, is what keeps paypals charges in check.

I'm not so sure about that. PayPal has a whole lot more to offer feature-wise. Seems to me, now that Google has raised their rates, PayPal would now have incentive to charge comparably considering all the extra features they have.

The only thing Google has that PayPal doesn't is influence on search standing.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm someone who only uses PP to receive and disperse money so for me they offer no features Google doesn't. Even there Google has the edge because they automatically send me the money.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an international seller and almost all my sales are processed throught Google Checkout as I not accept paypal and I still gain orders from my 20 ecrater stores each and every day. All my stores are on one GC account so are added together for discounts or reduced rates.

Things to remember Exclamation

If there were no GC, which is the only real option to paypal. How much would paypal be trying to charge you?

Google Checkout for most of us is the best thing that has happend in recent years for us to be able to take Credit and Debit Card payments.

When did Google become available Internationally? I though you could use it only for sales to the U.S. and Great Britain?
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyFarmall wrote:
I am an international seller

When did Google become available Internationally? I though you could use it only for sales to the U.S. and Great Britain?

My-little-e-shop is in UK. (Well not always, but that's his base) So he gets to use GC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: