eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

looking for a previous post

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NostalgiaNutCollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: looking for a previous post Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm sorry for asking this but I've searched & searched but I can't find the post I'm looking for so I'm asking for some help.

A while back someone posted a link to check your website which included when the last time a site was fed to google, it showed you page rank & things like that. For the life of me I can't find it and I'm sure I also had it saved in my faves & it's gone from there too.

Can anyone help by posting the link here.

Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about Site Explorer? https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

(It appears to be out at the moment. Maybe they are doing maintenance or something.)

Or was it some other site?
NostalgiaNutCollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ACRead,

No that's not it, but I will check out that one too.

It was an independent website & you put your url in and it tells you how many hits, page ranking & when the last time it was fed to google. It had some other things on it too but I can't remember what they were.

The reason I'm asking for it is I'm not sure all of my items got fed to google, quite a few are not showing up at all and they are older ones that showed before, so I wanted to check the last time my stuff was fed to them. It's items from the vintage sewing shop.

Somebody posted it a while ago (I don't remember which forum it was). I'll keep digging too.

As always you are quick to answer! I'll check back later.

Thanks, Sue
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feed is being done currently. Maybe you just managed to search in the middle of update.

Your store has 128 active listings in it (This by adding the numbers next to the categories. Of course since stuff in subcategories are included in the caount of item in the category they are under, you don't count them). You can see the same number if when you are at your stores homepage you click on "advanced search" then without entering anything click on "search". That brings up all the items in your store. The number will be at the top. (like this: Showing 1 - 20 out of 128)

Then you go to Google shopping and search for your stores name and at the bottom of the page in the list of stores the name appears (mostly.) If you click on it it will bring all your listings in Google database. Like this: http://www.google.com/products?q=nostalgianutcollectibles&hl=en&authorid=5158324&cdn=nostalgianutcollecti...&lnk=storesugg If you look at the number in the blue line it actually says 129 (one more that what you have.) probably a previously sold item maybe you just recently hid?

If the listings didn't get added at the time of the feed, you'll need to wait for the next feed.

Sometimes Google may not show the listings despite it being in the database.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I just saw it was for the other shop. As I said there is still time. The info is being updated these days. So you might see them soon.

You can try what I explained above to see if they match in number at least.
NostalgiaNutCollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ACRead! I'll try that later.

There are some older items in the vintage sewing shop that were showing before but not now, unless I'm blind (which could be an issue too LOL)

The one in particular is Stretch and Sew 1390 http://thevintagesewingshop.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3785304

If I put it in google search nothing comes up at all for mine. The only reason I spotted it is because last month I had over 100 hits on it and nothing yet this month so I checked.

I guess I should just be patient, but I need all the help I can get with my exposure if you know what I mean.

Well anyways, as always I really appreciate your time & help,

Sue Smile
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you see it says 382 items http://www.google.com/products?q=thevintagesewingshop&hl=en&authorid=5190314&cdn=thevintagesewingshop&lnk=storesugg

Your store is showing 386 items http://thevintagesewingshop.ecrater.com/filter.php?tc=1&cid=0&keywords=&from=&to=&sort=relevance

Could you have a few of the items hidden at any point in the past couple of weeks and have them become active in the past couple of days?
NostalgiaNutCollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ACR,

Thanks, we just got home & I was just about to check it but I saw your post. So the one that I'm questioning must be the only one missing.

I have sold & hid a few things in the last 2 weeks. so the count is about right.

Hopefully on the next round of google feeds it will pick up everything. I appreciate the tip on checking my stores. I always learn things from you Very Happy

If I find that website posted here someplace I'll let you know what it is.

Thanks again! Sue Smile
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I would like to know what it is. Smile
atticinthewoods

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it! Took 3 days LOL!

http://website.grader.com/
Page 1 of 1