eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

logging in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegemstx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: logging in Reply with quote

does anyone know if it's possible to log in, and stay logged in, for at least one whole day before having to log in again? Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not unless you are in the store the whole time and actually doing things (clicking on things once in a while). If it stays idle it will kick you out (or more correctly ask you to reenter your login.) If you leave to another website that means you logged out. So when you come back you enter login. Try opening a second tab or browser page if you don't want to get logged out frequently and go in once in a while and do stuff.
littlegemstx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing that, but it's a bit of a pain when I'm trying to list, I don't type as fast as I'd like, & if I have to log back in before I finished my listing, I lose everything and have to start over. I thought typing was being active! LOL

Thank you for your time
Littlegemstx
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds strange. How long are you exactly taking to finish listing one item?

Well try clicking on "update" while you are listing then. It will save what you have and you won't loose what you had.
littlegemstx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been making use of some good advice I got from thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat, and have started adding more info about the gemstones I use, and sometimes I have to look them up from my supplier.

It takes too much time to do it as I'm listing, so in the future I'll just start keeping a list as I make my bead orders, and refer to that.

It does not help any, that sometimes I'm doing more than one thing at a time while I'm listing.....cooking , washing clothes, letting the dog in and out of the house, answering the phone....you get the idea. Like my DH says "I am woman, hear me roar"!
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try creating a listing quickly with only a word or two in the description, check Hide. And list. Then you can go back later, click on edit button and change things, add description, image what not. And everytime you have to leave the computer just click on the "update" so it gets saved as it is. This way you won't loose what you did. when the listing is ready for customers just remove the Hide and update.

You can also make use of the "copy" feature to speed things a bit. Keep the similar parts and edit whatever is new in the new listing.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting the boot happens frequently for me. It just did and I was writing a 2 sentence reply to a forum topic. Since not that many people complain about it I think it is more my ISP than eCRATER however this is the only place it happens.

I tried to respond to a seller in trouble the other day and spent quite a bit of time writing a reply, forgot to save it to clipboard before clicking enter and not only got the boot but when I resigned in I couldn't back page to what I had written. Usually here you can do that. When you get the sign in page again, sign in, then back page 3 times and you will get your work back again....usually.
littlegemstx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good info.

I don't even mind that it may take a while before I make my first sale...I can use the time getting used to how ecrater works. It's not really that hard, just different than what I'm used to with ebay. I'm a little nervous about my first sale here, never having gone through the checkout system here yet, but I know there's good people here to help if needed.

I still have my store there, but I list as cheaply as I can, because of all the fees. I hope to do well here and move everything to this store. I must say, it is a lot easier to get help here than "you know where".

Many Thanks,
littlegemstx
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a practice purchase from your store and stop before you pay or have a neighbor purchase while you watch.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlegemstx wrote:
It does not help any, that sometimes I'm doing more than one thing at a time while I'm listing.....cooking , washing clothes, letting the dog in and out of the house, answering the phone....you get the idea. Like my DH says "I am woman, hear me roar"!

I hear you and understand! My DH says I remind him of an octopus with all my multi-tasking. I think I like roaring lion better than octopus. Sometimes I think my cat thinks his job is to keep me busy by going in and out all day. He is doing an outstanding job. Laughing

I keep a Word file open and write my titles and descriptions in Word. It's easy to save when I have to switch to another task. Word has spell check which I really need. Any text that is the same for several items can easily be copied. I know from the ruler about how much room I have for the title so I can be sure to use as many keywords as possible and Word has a word count if in doubt. (I want to take advantage of the 100 characters allowed.) I make use of Google attributes for every listing and I use the original style discussed in the FAQs so I can add them to the end of the listing. They are part of the copy/paste I do for each listing and then I can change just the ones that need to be changed.

ACRead wrote:
You can also make use of the "copy" feature to speed things a bit. Keep the similar parts and edit whatever is new in the new listing.

Once I have listings completed and ready to list in the store, I use the eCrater copy feature so I don't have to select the store & main categories each time, plus other items that remain the same. I just use copy/paste for the title & complete description. Add the first photo, the price, hit add, click on photo button, add second photo, click add and you're done. I also have a back-up of all titles & descriptions with Google attributes in my Word file in case I every need or want them.

I also use a temp Word file to create forum replies (or any info I want to hang onto for a short time). Its saved as TempData and I delete the info once I'm done, but the empty file remains for next time.

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Do a practice purchase from your store and stop before you pay or have a neighbor purchase while you watch.

I agree 100%. I did a test purchase for both Google & PayPal. I also created an invoice in both just to see how they would look.
ZanesPlace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: I can't log in Reply with quote

I can't log in, even if I got through eCrater's main page. I get a "Navigation to webpage canceled" ...what's going on????
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: I can't log in Reply with quote

ZanesPlace wrote:
I can't log in, even if I got through eCrater's main page. I get a "Navigation to webpage canceled" ...what's going on????

What browser are you using?

I just checked all my stores and don't have any issues logging in. I checked your store it is fine and working so nothing like an accidental suspension.

One possibility might be it is being edited. So try logging on in like half an hour or so.
ZanesPlace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you....I tried this morning and it worked fine so not sure what was going on.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: